[CNX] HELP! 80-99 signal strength 0-0 quality strength

GREEN BAR MOVED HAPPY DANCE !!!!
Still screwed up settings as I was just wanting to get the damn Q-bar to move . Got it long enough to scan channels though I doubt it is the right bird .
Just happened while thumbing through TPs and sats . I very much doubt they are correct but with a 95 signal and a 95 quality I know I hit the azimuth .
Channel master locked onto a bunch but says 97W bird and 11789 Mhz Horizontal , channel 00056 Al Magribia as first channel which comes up as 97W .
switch TP and got nothing , but atleast I know the green Q bar works ;) Odd that it should be vertical though ? Now trying to get it back without disrupting elevation

"HELP ME!"

We have provided assistance that will provide results.

"Thanks, but never mind. I will keep inventing new ways to not make it work..."

Frustrating, but we hear it everyday when customers call for help, but won't follow the CSR's suggestions that have successfully helped thousands of others. It's like this is the first time that anyone has had this problem and somehow their situation is unique and needs a special solution.

Ok, I'll play along...

What is the motor latitude bracket setting?

What is the dish elevation setting? How was the angle measured?

What is the LNBF skew setting?

What is the STB USALS Longitude setting?

What is STB USALS Latitude setting?

With 116.8w selected:
What is the LNB LO setting? Universal1 or 10600?

22KHz ON, OFF or Auto?

What active Transponder, polarity, symbol rate is selected? Randomly flipping through preprogrammed transponders will not help as many TPs are used on multiple satellites and will provide "false positive" Quality meter readings.

Have you review the motor FAQ? Might be helpful.
http://www.satelliteguys.com/threads/190527-How-to-set-up-a-Motorized-KU-Band-dish

Dude why dont u contact one those overpriced installers to get a signal for god's sake??? They only charge $150/hr plus service call, its a bargain over you having headaches trying to lock a signal :rolleyes:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

SatMex 8 is a poor satellite to try to align on in most of North America. With USALS, it doesn't matter if you use your southernmost satellite or not.

Most local installers are only familiar with Dish Network, DirecTV or satellite Internet and wouldn't have a clue about FTA let alone a motor. Unfortunately, most installers are rarely technicians anymore. While they can go through the motions of installing a specific system, rarely will they have any concept of what makes the technology work. Typically they just call their lead to take the job.

Professional installers rarely quote a job by the hour. I would only consider one that quotes for a completed job and provides rates for custom or out of ordinary events. $150 an hour is crazy talk! Doubt one would find many local installers willing to install a motorized system.

Actually achieved my first goal . Q-bar went 95-99 as well as S-bar . Locked onto some channels on G19 accidentally when I was thumbing through TPs .
NOW that I KNOW reciever can recieve and dish is in right location I can have a installer come out . Know one that is long time FTA user that will come out next week for $75 .
(considering I am 20 miles from town ) . Have him lock down G19 correct so motor follows azimuth and show hands on how to have bird location memorized .
So its all GOOD . Next week it should be up and running ;):D ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

You can save $75 by FOLLOWING the instructions, instead of trying to out think 'em.
After all, you've got a Quality reading within 24 hours of posting to the forum...
...even ignoring much advice. ;)
How many days did you work on it before visiting?
Imagine what you could accomplish in one weekend with our help.

You can save $75 by FOLLOWING the instructions, instead of trying to out think 'em.
After all, you've got a Quality reading within 24 hours of posting to the forum...
...even ignoring much advice. ;)
How many days did you work on it before visiting?
Imagine what you could accomplish in one weekend with our help.

Notice how the OP has willfully ignored all suggestions by those in the know?:facepalm

Most local installers are only familiar with Dish Network, DirecTV or satellite Internet and wouldn't have a clue about FTA let alone a motor. Unfortunately, most installers are rarely technicians anymore. While they can go through the motions of installing a specific system, rarely will they have any concept of what makes the technology work. Typically they just call their lead to take the job.

Professional installers rarely quote a job by the hour. I would only consider one that quotes for a completed job and provides rates for custom or out of ordinary events. $150 an hour is crazy talk! Doubt one would find many local installers willing to install a motorized system.

Most of them are not even aware that there are other TV satellites in orbit besides Dish Network and DirecTV satellites, let alone know how to track them.

True . We even have sports bars complaining about local networks in dispute with cable or satellite companies over re-broadcast . ( local cable guy egging patrons on ) .
I just invited them out to the truck where I had TV on the doghouse and antenna on the dash to watch the game . They were amazed at the quality wondering how . The bar was in the shadow of the CBS and FOX local broadcast towers . Guess they do not know what the ANT IN coax on the back of the reciever is for :/
Called several installers , only one passed the test question < do you know what FTA is ? > Have a installer that started in C-band 30 years ago whom has installed at some neighbors within a mile . Unlike my neighbors though , mine ( like his ) is motorized . Of course I can not afford his luxury setup of a DSR-6050 LOL ( would rather buy another car )

Best advice was elevation on dish is not based on standardized off-set . Got 95Q and 95S , found 240 channels . Turned off receiver to do some work . Came back , turned it on , motor moved dish off into the trees .

If you're using USALS to run the motor, did you tell it to go to 97W before you aimed the dish by moving things around on the pole? If you didn't, everything will be wrong when it does move.

Hey he is in North Idaho --- A car over an embankment North of Sandpoint. 4 way flashers on, Ignition off. Woman in driver seat dead with the back of her head busted in. Sheriffs report, "She lost control of car and went over the cliff". .... "Break in at Cheese factory. Undamaged Safe open and no money in it. Window next to door broken.. All glass on outside of building ... Report -"Broke window to get in and forced safe and took money."

Oh well, maybe I should drive up and get it going for him.... $450 sound about right.

Although I would follow directions.... Hey, maybe get to see my grand daughter....

Most pizza dish installers incorrectly associate the term FTA with theft of pay satellite services. Very few are even aware of the unencrypted feeds and channels that are up there.

If the OP simply rotated the motor on the pole to 97W, then it seems to me that he's done no better than this:

IMG_1273.JPGIMG_1280.JPG"Woo Hoo Q!"

That playing-around setup became the following a couple of months later and serves me faithfully on 87W:

IMG_2263.JPG

With any luck, the installer he's found will know enough to start from the beginning. Just sit back and watch the show :popcorn

Good Luck - but know for sure your not going to have much luck finding a pizza installer that can install a motor. IMHO
By now could have been watching something and :coffee if simple instructions were followed.

Hey! I fiddled with the first 1.2 before I got a pole for it. Propped it against a 6 ft step ladder for elevation, a couple pieces of 1by2's for az.

To be fair, I did similar with the T55 I put up this year...built and aimed it on my workbench in the garage then propped it up on the landscape timbers for a few weeks before planting a pole.

I purchased a first strike meter FS1 2 years ago and at first did not like it. Now I use it for aligning prime focus and offset dishes.
If you are going to install and maintain satellite dishes buy a good satellite finder.

Since ' pizza pan ' installer can install a SRTs then this should be pretty simplistic in comparison LOL
Been motorizing buds since the early 80s when systems started at $3k ( pre-ku )

Installing a motorized system that tracks the entire arc accurately using USALS may appear simple but is in fact difficult because most people do not do each step precisely correctly. One small mistake will cause failure. It's a totally different discipline from what subscription TV installers are accustomed to. It's not that they couldn't do it, but they simply don't have the experience at it. And in this part of the country, they are contractually prohibited from touching FTA by their bread-and-butter subscription TV relationships. So...if you want a motorized FTA system, you must learn to do it yourself.