[CNX] HELP! 80-99 signal strength 0-0 quality strength

puma,

Any updates? If the installer you found is as good as you indicate, it shouldn't take him long to get everything lined up and working for you.

LOL , he came over checked it out and said both dish elevation , motor elevation ( latitude ) and azimuth were spot on :D
Just said equipment is not able to pick up the transponders , polarities and syb rates everyone was providing . He traded his First Strike for my old putter he wanted since he upgraded to a Birddog . Had motor move to 97W ( put motor at correct azimuth ) , tightend dish to motor . Used first strike to ID 97W G19 , put then started going through list of tp , polarity , Symbol numbers till I got a quality hit . Hooked it in house . Found 14 english speaking channels ( non-religous ) total so far from 91W , 87W , 97W , 99W , 103W & 95W .
Since he said I had motor spot on and elevation correct , just needed to ID satellite and find the odd ball TP the equipment could recieve .
I really wanted 95W Galaxy to get 4000H 30000 , 4080H 31250 & 4167V 6614 (all clear supposedly ) but it can not even see them . It only pulls in 11780 and 12050 off 95W :coffee
Had some minor fabrication work designing and building a HHO generator . Freaked out installed when I had hose in my mouth a few minutes while it was on as I was working on the bottle ( you can easily breathe hydrogen and oxygen LOL ) . Then twist tied , sniped hose and threw it on the bonfire . A bit louder then a 12 gauge LOL
hho generator.jpg
Since more has hit all the satellites , I just sit in the house , send it to a satellite and slowly scroll through the TPs till one gets a quality bar , then set motor location for that satellite and search channels . It just never finds the good TPs , but it kills time between projects :p

I really wanted 95W Galaxy to get 4000H 30000 , 4080H 31250 & 4167V 6614 (all clear supposedly ) but it can not even see them . It only pulls in 11780 and 12050 off 95W :coffee

You won't get those transponders on your dish as they are on C-band which requires a 6 ft. or larger dish. As a rule of thumb, you will only be able to receive 5 digit transponders (i.e. 11780 and 12050 that you mentioned) on your current dish as these are Ku-band.

You won't get those transponders on your dish as they are on C-band which requires a 6 ft. or larger dish. As a rule of thumb, you will only be able to receive 5 digit transponders (i.e. 11780 and 12050 that you mentioned) on your current dish as these are Ku-band.
Good to know ;) Some are KU only , some are C only and when it says both it means the satellite has some of each ;)
Reciever says [ Supports SCPC & MCPC from C / Ku-band ] so dish and LNB ?
motor only handles up to 1.2m and I love the motor ;) Perhaps something to mess with this fall

Good to hear the system is tracking the sats correctly--the biggest hurdle of all, IMO. :cool:

Does that receiver support HD or DVB-S2 signals? I don't see it mentioned on the SatPro website, so probably not. Have you tried a blind scan yet on any of the sats?

Just said equipment is not able to pick up the transponders , polarities and syb rates everyone was providing .

Something doesn't sound right with this installers comment.

Both transponders mentioned for Galaxy 19 (11991 and 12152) work on all MPEG2 receivers that I have in the office. In fact am watching RT News on 12152 right now.

Glad to hear that it is working. Time to enjoy the results of your trials!

Thanks for the confirmation, Brian!

Puma, I just performed a fresh blind scan of 97W with my microHD. It found 247 TV channels and 184 Radio channels (both pay/scrambled and free-to-air) using my 55cm torroidal dish. Of course, not all of them are English-speaking if that's what you're looking for :)

Something doesn't sound right with this installers comment.

Both transponders mentioned for Galaxy 19 (11991 and 12152) work on all MPEG2 receivers that I have in the office. In fact am watching RT News on 12152 right now.

Glad to hear that it is working. Time to enjoy the results of your trials!
Yeah , seemed weird here too . When I put in all the numbers suggested , I never got a Q-bar . Even tried to scan channels and nothing would lock . Thumbed through freq every 10-20 seconds until one did get Q-bar . I would set motors position for that satellite , then search . The funny thing was it scanned ' all channels ' and freq and found channels previously suggested I could never get a Q-bar or lock on originally . Finding ' S ' ones but screen being blank makes sense of course being scambled . Some channels it finds but preview screen is blank and main screen says ' no signal '. Example as 99W Galaxy 4R 12780H it found channel 00002 CCTV News or 97W 11836H 00005 Time TV . No big deal . About 54 unscambled channels it found in search but no signal in preview or to main screen , but others pull up to 99S 99Q ;)
Been perusing the 1.2M stuff about adding a few C-band channels yet still run on the current motor setup . BUD is interesting but would require much more site prep then I can forsee free time for

The receiver's LNBF LO is set to the wrong setting for 95w and probably also wrong on 97w as well. How do I know? Well, CCTV TP frequency is actually 11780 and you scanned it at 12780. This calculated to mean that the LO frequency is set 1000MHz to high.

This is very likely why you can't lock onto the other two TPs. I bet you $1 that you would get a transponder lock if either:

1. The LO setting was correct

or

2. You add 1000MHz to the correct frequency. Example- enter 13152 instead of the correct 12152.

You might want to read the LO Frequency - 101 FAQ if you are interested in learning why the LO frequency must be set correcting to lock onto downlink frequencies.

Good Luck!

Following along Brian's theme on the Local Oscillator (LO) frequency: Since you're using the same dish and LNBF to receive all of the sats, the LNBF settings (LO, 22kHz and DiSEqC values) should be the same for all of the sats you will scan with your dish. Assuming that the LNBF is the one shown in the pictures on the SatPro website (and I think it is based on your earlier posts), the LO freq should be 10600 OR something like Universal (9750/10600), 22kHz should be ON or AUTO and any DiSEqC values should be Disabled or Port 1 (you probably don't have a switch anyway--if so DiSEqC would be ignored). The screenshot below shows my STB's settings for 97W (for that Sat I use a Universal LNB, which is what your LNBF is as well):

97W_G19_Sat_Setup.jpg

Maybe you have 11600 as the LO instead of 10600?

If you have selected the actual LO Freq (10600, hopefully :) ) instead of the Universal setting, you should set 22kHz to ON instead of AUTO, otherwise you could either not see channels or transponders you expect to, or channels could show up on the wrong transponder (according to your STB, at least).

Can you post a screenshot or two of what your settings are for the various sats you're scanning?

FWIW: I wouldn't consider c-band on a 1.2m dish (otherwise known as a mini-BUD) until you're VERY comfortable with your current Ku system and have a good understanding of how everything works together. If you go after it right now I expect it would be an adventure in Extreme Frustration! Many here wouldn't recommend it at all. Me? I've got a new-in-the-box GEOSATpro C2 LNBF just itching to try and capture a few signals if I feel like fabbing a bracket for my spare 1M Channel Master dish, but that'll probably wait until next year or a real BUD.

The receiver's LNBF LO is set to the wrong setting for 95w and probably also wrong on 97w as well. How do I know? Well, CCTV TP frequency is actually 11780 and you scanned it at 12780. This calculated to mean that the LO frequency is set 1000MHz to high.
This is very likely why you can't lock onto the other two TPs. I bet you $1 that you would get a transponder lock if either:
1. The LO setting was correct
2. You add 1000MHz to the correct frequency. Example- enter 13152 instead of the correct 12152.
You might want to read the LO Frequency - 101 FAQ if you are interested in learning why the LO frequency must be set correcting to lock onto downlink frequencies.
Good Luck!
Basically used First Strike to accurately ID satellite targeted and fine tune quality signal .
When I plugged in reciever the LNB was set to 10600 with 22KHz on . Set satellite to match what satellite the First Strike ID'd , had motor store that sats position , then thumbed through the recievers TP frequencies at about 20 seconds each till I got a Q-bar and hit channel search . Everything else happened by itself .
Are you referring to the 10600 setting to be turned dwn 1000 ??? Will the 22KHz still be able to function ???

Are you receiving CCTV on 95w at 12780? If so, the LO setting for 95w is incorrectly set.

Try deleting all transponders on 95w then performing a blind scan. Tell us what TP frequency CCTV scans in at. 12780 or 11780?

Are you receiving CCTV on 95w at 12780? If so, the LO setting for 95w is incorrectly set. Try deleting all transponders on 95w then performing a blind scan. Tell us what TP frequency CCTV scans in at. 12780 or 11780?
Guessing I should wait until I have time to copy down all the settings before deleting . CCTV News 11780 on 97W , CCTV News 12780 on 99W , CCTVF 11780 on 97W , Time TV 11836 on 97W , CCTV-E 11780 on 97W , CCTV-E 12780 on 99W ect ect . Oddly I get other channels on those same satellites and transponders .
Though it searches a transponder is it possible some of the channels scanned on that transponder are too weak for picture , but strong enough for the search to lock ???

Guessing I should wait until I have time to copy down all the settings before deleting . CCTV News 11780 on 97W , CCTV News 12780 on 99W , CCTVF 11780 on 97W , Time TV 11836 on 97W , CCTV-E 11780 on 97W , CCTV-E 12780 on 99W ect ect . Oddly I get other channels on those same satellites and transponders .
Though it searches a transponder is it possible some of the channels scanned on that transponder are too weak for picture , but strong enough for the search to lock ???
Don't waste your time copying down data. There is no CCTV on 97W or 99W. It is only on 95W and always on 11780 MHz, no other frequency. If you receive it on any other frequency, your receiver is configured incorrectly. Once centred correctly on a satellite, and with correct receiver settings, you can just blind scan.

Yeah , I noticed the recievers search function found CCTV on several satellites but I can actually view it on only 95W . Not sure why search scan locked onto it on others .
Considering what I download from the net for network programs , not alot to intrigue me for live coverage except probably sports . Love how the motor turns for many channels on many satellites though ;) Perhaps one day upgrade to 1.2m ( max motor and site can handle ) and experiment with C-band for some sports coverage ;)

It's true that services like Netflix are making network programming so readily available such that even my network series-addicted niece is happy with only Netflix and no conventional TV. The good and bad about young people is their readiness to adapt to new situations with great flixability (typo intended!). I agree that Ku-band is not useful without a motor nowadays, or a backyard that looks like a NASA launch site with many dishes. I suggest you go for an 8-foot minimum C-band dish on a motor. That would provide you with many hours of installation fun, plus show you what FTA really has to offer. Check here to get a taste of what you're missing on C-band. Don't forget to click through all 18 pages of C-band channels! And these pages don't show any feeds that are all over.

If I can stream it , I can download and burn it . Something like 5,000 hours of DvDs now ( around 6.5 hours a day for 2 years before reruns ) .
Network shows are usually an hour delayed before going online . With places like Hulu or Tumtiki I found little need for paying for Netflix . After seeing the same commercial 26 times though I almost memorized ' Million second quiz on NBC Sept 8th ! ' LOL

It's true that services like Netflix are making network programming so readily available such that even my network series-addicted niece is happy with only Netflix and no conventional TV. The good and bad about young people is their readiness to adapt to new situations with great flixability (typo intended!). I agree that Ku-band is not useful without a motor nowadays, or a backyard that looks like a NASA launch site with many dishes. I suggest you go for an 8-foot minimum C-band dish on a motor. That would provide you with many hours of installation fun, plus show you what FTA really has to offer. Check here to get a taste of what you're missing on C-band. Don't forget to click through all 18 pages of C-band channels! And these pages don't show any feeds that are all over.
Perhaps in the spring . Moved onto next hobby which was to double signal strength of one of the top rated long range HD antennas with my own rabbit mesh one . Signal through the forest between two mountains and across the valley went from 10-40 to 40-80 in time for FOOTBALL ;) RoofHD.jpg Of course while shooting these pics on the rooftop wildlife invaded the property in a few places Turkey1.jpgMooseAndDeer.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts