Edision Edison Mio Has No Signal

JFOK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
Cape Cod - MA.
Hi all,

I noticed yesterday morning that I no longer have any signal showing up on my Edison Mio STB.
I slowly lost all H and V signals on 105w C Band. I first lost horizontal feeds, but still had verticaI. I then moved to 97w kU since with my sidecar set up, these 2 satellites are close together. All was okay with the H and V channels there. So I went back to 105w and now the vertical was gone. I then returned to 97w kU and all H and V was gone there also.
I thoroughly checked all connections (using my Sathero satellite finder) and there was a strong signal at each connection. Dish to 22khz switch, switch to ASC1 and finally from ASC1 to the Edison STB….all good.
My TV screen shows all the STB box options, but no signal.
Moving to other satellites made no difference…no signal.
I’m at a loss. Is my Edision Mio toast ??
Thanks in advance for any response.

John

Hi all,

I noticed yesterday morning that I no longer have any signal showing up on my Edison Mio STB.
I slowly lost all H and V signals on 105w C Band. I first lost horizontal feeds, but still had verticaI. I then moved to 97w kU since with my sidecar set up, these 2 satellites are close together. All was okay with the H and V channels there. So I went back to 105w and now the vertical was gone. I then returned to 97w kU and all H and V was gone there also.
I thoroughly checked all connections (using my Sathero satellite finder) and there was a strong signal at each connection. Dish to 22khz switch, switch to ASC1 and finally from ASC1 to the Edison STB….all good.
My TV screen shows all the STB box options, but no signal.
Moving to other satellites made no difference…no signal.
I’m at a loss. Is my Edision Mio toast ??
Thanks in advance for any response.

John
Try switching to another slot, and check that. If still no signal, run a complete Blind scan on say 101W, and see what happens. Of course, make sure that your lnb power didn't somehow get shut off, or a loose or bad coax connector or switch

You could always bypass everything, take the receiver right out to the dish, and use a new short coax to connect directly to the lnbf and check

primestar31,

Thanks for your quick response.
No need to take my receiver out to the dish because as I said, the C and kU coax cables leading into my house have a strong signal. Every end connection from the 22 khz switch to the cable leading into my Edision STB switch had a strong signal.
Its been so long since I installed the image on the STB that I forgot how to check other slots.
I’ll try a rescan and and see what happens.
Thanks again.

John

Mike,

I scanned 105w and I got transponder numbers way above the norm.
All the channels are there, but there is no way to differentiate where the channels are.
See picture.

John

BDB049D8-99A0-4E2F-9530-B2D2D6B9BA3D.jpeg

Those numbers don't look right. Looks like the c-band is band stacking. He's only getting one Polarity

Mike ,

I did that but was scanning in transponders I don’t want because I don’t know what they carry with these numbers.
As you can also see I also have transponders with matching numbers in both H and V. So I have double the amount of transponders with the same signal.
Very frustrating and don’t know what caused this. All was well just 3 days ago.
There were no big storms anywhere near my location.

John

Check in tuner setup. See if you have the C-band set to 5750, should be 5150
Good idea. Sorry JFOK, I didn't look close enough at the transponder numbers. 1/2 way through my second case of COVID, and dealing with that right now.

I got RSV and Prevnar 20 vaccines, but didn't get another Covid vaccine soon enough apparently.

• Sad
Reactions: Long Hair
Mike,

Sorry to read about your Covid issue.
I haven’t had any vaccines so far this fall, but plan to this coming week. I’m thinking I’ll just get the Covid vaccine.
Longhair’s suggestion worked.
Somehow it got changed to 5750 from 5150. I still don’t have any horizontal transponders and the numbers are still “stacked” but I recognize the frequencies now and can pick and choose what I want.
Get well soon…I know how you feel… been there.

John

Long Hair,

Your suggestion brought the numbers to a more recognizable setting, however the numbers are still “stacked” and I have no horizontal transponders scanning in.

John

First thing to check is under tuner setting. Voltage mode should be set to Polarization. If it is than your lnb power output is probably going bad, only giving you 13v and not switching to 18v for the Horizontals.

Reactions: FTA4PA and JFOK
Long Hair,

The switch is sending tone and increased voltage to the kU side.
The C Band side has the voltage mode polarized.

John

Long Hair,

The switch is sending tone and increased voltage to the kU side.
The C Band side has the voltage mode polarized.

John
Have you checked the ku band, to see if your getting both H and V. If your only getting verticals on the ku. I would guess it's a power issue with the reciever.