OTHER Switch for 4 port dvb card

A single port LNBF with voltage polarity selection isn't the best choice to share with 4 tuners. This type of LNBF can only output one polarity at a time. If one tuner selects a horizontal polarity transponder, the other three tuners will only have horizontal polarity transponders available.

There are a few ways to simultaneously provide both polarities to all four tuners:
  • Dual output LNBF with voltage switching polarity and a 2x4 or 3x4 multi-switch. Most reliable results will result if the multi-switch is externally powered.
  • Single output LNBF with stacked polarity (LO switching) and a 4 way 3GHz splitter.
Are you looking to provide C-band or KU band signals to the 4 tuners?

I am interested in ku band. I have my ku band dish motorized with dual lnb. I see there are switches that go to 4 receivers and two cables. Is there switch that connect to another switch with single line and feed 4 tunners ? I was thinking about getting mount for like 4 5 lnb and switch and then feed 4 tunners over signle line.

If you use a stacked type LNBF, then you could use a single output model into a 1 in, 4 out, 3GHz splitter (or instead, use a 4 output stacked model eliminating the need for the splitter) to distribute the Horizontal and Vertical signals to each of the 4 tuners. If you wish to add another fixed satellite position, add another stacked LNBF (as described above) and each tuner would have a DiSEqC switch inserted inline to allow selection of the target LNBF. Each of the stacked LNBFs could also feed a multi- input / multi- output DiSEqC switch such as a 4 input / 4 output.

Another option is to use a dual output, voltage polarity selection LNBF similar to what you probably are using now. Dual output, voltage polarity selection systems require more coax cables to feed both polarities to a multi-switch. The 2 outputs of this LNBF can be fed to a multi-input / multi-output multi switch. For example if you would like to have additional three satellite positions, add three dual output lmbfs and feed into a four input for output multi switch. As I mentioned in my previous post externally powered switches will provide more reliable results.

In either case, if you will be building a multi-satellite / multi tuner system, each tuner will need its own coax line from the switch.

Reactions: phlatwound