Edision OS Mio 4K firmware/OS

I was under the impression that you have to set TZ and time server.

Timers aren't working correctly on TNAP5. I only got a 3 minute recording 2 days in a row on 30 minute programs.

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Timers aren't working correctly on TNAP5. I only got a 3 minute recording 2 days in a row on 30 minute programs.
I added a timer and programmed my Mio+ to record a 30-minute show. It started at the correct time and recorded for the full 30 minutes. I scanned through the show and its video and audio are fine.

I am using a 1 TB external hard disk. Do you have lots of available storage space on your mass storage device? Is the Edision pointed to your storage device (mine is /media/USB) and not the old default "HDD"?

I normally always leave my Edision powered ON if I have timers programmed. If not, then I switch it to Standby mode so the clock shows on its front panel.

Reactions: primestar31
I normally always leave my Edision powered ON if I have timers programmed. If not, then I switch it to Standby mode so the clock shows on its front panel.
I leave my Edision on 24/7, ever since I got the warranty replacement 3 years ago, when the original spontaneously crapped out two months before the warranty expired. I NEVER turn this one off, and it's on a UPS. It's never failed to work since then, thank goodness. Still running Tnap 4.2, or whatever the last one was just before 5.0 came out.

I played around with the TNAP5 timers some more. I just can't get them to work. Like today I set the timers to start at 1700 today but after saving it and then going back to look at it again, it advanced the date by 1 day. Just one example. I mentioned it to el bandido a few days ago and he asked that I provide the timer files so that he can try to duplicate it. But I don't know how to do that.

I use timers very rarely, but I've never had a problem with them.

I did do a clean install of version 5, versus importing my settings from the old version. I seem to remember all sorts of problems doing that in the past. And it lets me get a fresh scan of all my satellites anyway.

I played around with the TNAP5 timers some more. I just can't get them to work. Like today I set the timers to start at 1700 today but after saving it and then going back to look at it again, it advanced the date by 1 day. Just one example. I mentioned it to el bandido a few days ago and he asked that I provide the timer files so that he can try to duplicate it. But I don't know how to do that.
Do you switch images back and forth from other slots? That used to screw up timers for me. As for providing timer files to EB, they are named: "timers.xml", and are located in: \\OSMIO4k\root\etc\enigma2

Reactions: norman881