GEOSATpro How to avoid the MicroHD "Boot Loop" by properly updating your firmware (and still keeping your old

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Submitted for your approval: a "one-stop" instruction list (a compilation of external video links and instructions and comments in the forum). I would like to request, if there be no objections, to make this PDF file a sticky. Now, let me explain myself just a little bit because if I don't, there could be some major misunderstandings here.

1. I haven't had any trouble with the boot loop for a very long time (maybe even last year? I can't recall), after having used the official and most recent version of the ALI Editor and following the instructions exactly as you see here.
2. I am not posting anything new here. Everything in the PDF file has been clearly stated elsewhere in the forum and by Brian on YouTube. If you search for the answers, you will find them!
3. Let's be honest. Although the answers are all there, they aren't so easy to locate. Even after filtering the results for GeoSat products, it can be a challenge to find the individual step-by-step instructions for the various procedures in the forum: updating the firmware, saving your .udf file, restoring your .udf file, etc. Yes, the .abs update instructions are included in the release announcement on the page one sticky, but they are not fashioned in a traditional chronological format for new users (the videos, however, are perfect). Other users may not recall at what point in the updating procedure that they should restore their .udf file. Yes, the instructions are all on the forum (see #2, above), but as stated, you may find the .udf procedure on page four of the support forum and the .abs update procedure as a sticky with the latest firmware on page one. In the process of all this searching, and flipping back and forth between pages, a tired user might have a lapse in judgment and skip a very important step -- for example, power cycling before reloading the .udf file.
4. I did not include a section on how to update via satellite (but I did include a link to the video that explains this). I also did not explain anything about using the ALI Editor (but the procedure for adding an ALI edited .udf file is the same as in the included instructions).
5. If this document is made into a sticky, do make sure my instructions are flawless. I did the best I can and some of you have already commented, but I need a few more pairs of eyes to make absolutely sure. I'd hate to mess someone up because I left out a word or sentence.
6. I taught middle school for eleven years. Communication between students, teachers, principals, other schools, and district administrators would often go awry due to something as simple as the way information was presented. All I wish to do with this document is create a new way of presenting the same information. I'm not reinventing the wheel -- I'm just trying to move it to the front shop window so people can see it better.

:rolleyes:
View attachment MicroHDUpdateInstr.pdf

Reactions: dsmith0429
When you get it all ironed out I will make it a sticky in a few days. ;)

I see nothing else that needs changing. So, unless anyone else has suggestions, I think it's ready to become sticky :)

Thank you for putting this all together have not upgraded ,I did not see a valid reason and was hoping that i could use the satellite upgrade method but i dont see any progress being made in that direction, one of the sales points that has not become a reality.

Thank you for putting this all together have not upgraded ,I did not see a valid reason and was hoping that i could use the satellite upgrade method but i dont see any progress being made in that direction, one of the sales points that has not become a reality.

You absolutely can update the MicroHD via satellite, but you have to change it's defaults to this: Galaxy 19, freq. 12115, PID 330. That's specifically for the MicroHD.

It has on occasion gone down for certain reasons, but it's normally supposed to be there 24/7.

Status
Please reply by conversation.