AZBOX AZBox Ultra and FEC Settings?

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Was working on a new channel list for the Elite I have and noticed something odd about FEC settings with these boxes. A TP on 87W was listed as having 3/4 FEC but the Elite wouldn't lock it until I changed it to 5/6, then it locked. Went to my other system with the AZ Ultra on it and pulled up the same satellite and TP and that FEC listed was one step back of what was "listed" for it, ie, 2/3 instead of 3/4, and here's the odd part. That Ultra willll lock that TP with any FEC I switched it to?? Came back to the Elite and it would lock it on 5/6 and 7/8 but only if I started out on 5/6 and moved to 7/8. It wouldn't lock if I went to 7/8 first, which one would think is "normal"? That Ultra will lock with any FEC I set it on even when I set it wrong, move to another TP and come back to that one and it will still lock with ANY of the wrong numbers???

That Ultra has kinda got me scratching my head wondering why it works with ANY FEC. This receiver has presented me with some problems in that the channel list in it won't work in the Elite because of these odd numbers on both FEC and some SRs.

So the Ultra is running 5020 firmware and the elite is running 5311 but that "shouldn't" have any effect on what the satellite's FEC requirements are.

Anyone got any info to "spalin" what I'm seeing with this? :confused:

Thanks

My Ultra (5020) does the same thing.It has the AUTO fec setting so I think it just does auto whether you set it to or not.Now I just set it to auto and don't worry about it,as long as it finds whatever and it works,I'm happy.It does make it a pain tho if you're trying to figure out settings to put in another box.:confused:

My Ultra (5020) does the same thing.It has the AUTO fec setting so I think it just does auto whether you set it to or not.Now I just set it to auto and don't worry about it,as long as it finds whatever and it works,I'm happy.It does make it a pain tho if you're trying to figure out settings to put in another box.:confused:

Yeah and it makes it difficult to post that info for others if needed also. On most TPs my Elite (no blind scan) won't auto find the FEC of known TPs/SRs so I have to enter that and the pilot setting.

Openbox S9s are SOOOO much easier to use!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)