Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Anybody out there working with a 36” Fortec dish? How do they hold up? I have a 30” Winegard and was thinking of upgrading to a 36”. I saw the 36” at our sponsors (Sadoun) site and was thinking of upgrading both my 30” dishes for 36”...bigger is better :D

Any thoughts good or bad?

If it helps, I'll soon be writing a thorough review of the 47"/120cm dish - according to FedEx it'll be arriving tomorrow, all 70lbs of it.
I doubt the dish will weight that much, atleast I hope not.

Iceberg said:
Anybody out there working with a 36” Fortec dish? How do they hold up? I have a 30” Winegard and was thinking of upgrading to a 36”. I saw the 36” at our sponsors (Sadoun) site and was thinking of upgrading both my 30” dishes for 36”...bigger is better :D

Any thoughts good or bad?

I've got that exact thing, a 90cm (36") Fortec with a USALS motor.

It looks like I just bought it yesterday. Excellent manufacturing and quality.

Oh, yeah. It's almost been up for two years. :D

i bought a 30 inch fortec from sadoun a few months back. the dish was very flimsy and the packaging was really bad, when i got it there were several dents in the reflector surface that could not be just pushed out. sadoun promised they would send a replacement but they never did, contacted them several times and never got an answer. after over a month of nothing i finally got tired of waiting and ordered an ariza 36" elsewhere. even though both the ariza dish and the shipping charges were less than sadoun, the dish was packaged much better and of much sturdier construction than the fortec dish. not impressed with the fortec dishes or sadoun's customer service.

interesting thoughts.....

Id get a 120cm dish, but my HOA is real picky so a 100cm would be the biggest I could use :)

sbacchus..sorry about your bad experience. Thats not good when Sadoun is a sponser here now..

iceberg i dunno maybe my case was an exception to the rule since others seem to have had good experiences with sadoun. can't speak to the reflective capabilities, but from a structural point of view the ariza dish was definitely better than the fortec.

Iceberg said:
interesting thoughts.....

Id get a 120cm dish, but my HOA is real picky so a 100cm would be the biggest I could use :)

sbacchus..sorry about your bad experience. Thats not good when Sadoun is a sponser here now..
I dare 'em to get on your roof with a tape measure ;)

I'm eyeballing that 90cm dish too. I'd probably buy at least two since the shipping is the same (actually it's cheaper to buy 2x 90P's with LNBs than to buy just 2 90Ps because of the shipping deal).

Berg,
I just got my whole Fortec setup, and upgraded to the 36". It is very sturdy and easy to assemble. I got mine brand new at Sadoun's store. It is great that he is located locally for me. I went there and picked it up. I had the luxury of seeing it before buying it. It is really a strong dish; mine certainly is not flimsy. Sits right alongside my Primestars. :)

Shawn95GT said:
I dare 'em to get on your roof with a tape measure ;)

seriously Shawn...don't tempt them :)

The head of our HOA use to my next door neighbor...then he stepped down but is still part of it. They tried a year ago to pass this "one dish at location" rule. It said "homeowners who have more than one are grandfathered in". He didnt like when I showed him the FCC ruling stating it was illegal to enforce only one, especially since there is some must carry channels for Dish on the wing :)

When I put the DirecPC dish up, he was outside and asked me about the size of that dish...when I told him 39x23 he asked "is that less than a meter?". Told him it was by 1/3" :D:D

He hasn't bugged me recently but I still chuckle when he is looking at my dish farm. What's crazy is you can't see the dishes from the road or if you're in front of the houses (where the driveway is). Only way to see them is to walk around back.

CbandLover said:
Berg,
I just got my whole Fortec setup, and upgraded to the 36". It is very sturdy and easy to assemble. I got mine brand new at Sadoun's store. It is great that he is located locally for me. I went there and picked it up. I had the luxury of seeing it before buying it. It is really a strong dish; mine certainly is not flimsy. Sits right alongside my Primestars. :)

Thanks!
I might have to get me one or two :D

Iceberg said:
seriously Shawn...don't tempt them :)

The head of our HOA use to my next door neighbor...then he stepped down but is still part of it. They tried a year ago to pass this "one dish at location" rule. It said "homeowners who have more than one are grandfathered in". He didnt like when I showed him the FCC ruling stating it was illegal to enforce only one, especially since there is some must carry channels for Dish on the wing :)

When I put the DirecPC dish up, he was outside and asked me about the size of that dish...when I told him 39x23 he asked "is that less than a meter?". Told him it was by 1/3" :D:D

He hasn't bugged me recently but I still chuckle when he is looking at my dish farm. What's crazy is you can't see the dishes from the road or if you're in front of the houses (where the driveway is). Only way to see them is to walk around back.

That is exactly why I will never live in an area with a HOA. Ever.

I have a Fortec 80cm (31").. and I like it alot. Its a little tricky to rotate with the Ubolt mount, but all in all, its a nice dish for the price.

Iceberg, I have the 90CM and it seems quite strong from my perspective, the night after I had it mounted we had a pretty good wind blow through nary a problem.

Rick

Ice

I know you asked about the Fortec and I do not have, but:

Just this day received my Winegard DS-3100 (100CM) dish. This one will replace my Winegard DS-2076 (76CM) dish.

One word for the DS-3100 - Heavy Duty.

WRBreland said:
Ice

I know you asked about the Fortec and I do not have, but:

Just this day received my Winegard DS-3100 (100CM) dish. This one will replace my Winegard DS-2076 (76CM) dish.

One word for the DS-3100 - Heavy Duty.
Where did you get it?

Iceberg said:
Anybody out there working with a 36” Fortec dish? How do they hold up?

Yessir, that is what I have and it's a solid dish. It hasn't been up long, but had a tad more gain than the 30 incher you have. I got it from Sadoun and it came shipped just fine and quick as a cat.

Go for it!

timmy1376 said:
That is exactly why I will never live in an area with a HOA. Ever.

timmy
I never had an issue until this guy became head of the HOA...when he became head I had 3 dishes on the roof....now Ive got 5 on the roof.

What bugs him is they said "the dish has to be on the deck rail or on the edge of the roof" and all of mine follow that rule :D

I thknk he gave up because he (nor the new head) bug me anymore :)

Thanks for the info guys!

I'll probably get one (now to figure out the issue of not being there to sign for it) :D

sbacchus said:
i bought a 30 inch fortec from sadoun a few months back. the dish was very flimsy and the packaging was really bad, when i got it there were several dents in the reflector surface that could not be just pushed out. sadoun promised they would send a replacement but they never did, contacted them several times and never got an answer. after over a month of nothing i finally got tired of waiting and ordered an ariza 36" elsewhere. even though both the ariza dish and the shipping charges were less than sadoun, the dish was packaged much better and of much sturdier construction than the fortec dish. not impressed with the fortec dishes or sadoun's customer service.

Sbacchus,

Im sorry you had such a bad experience with our company. If you would like me to send you a new dish or just refund you for the price of the dish, I will do that. Just give me a call at 888-519-9595 and ask for Ashley. Just make sure you mention satellite guys forum. Again I apologize for the bad experience you had and would like to fix the situation.

Shawn95GT said:
Where did you get it?

Summit Source (summitsource_dot_COM)[The board will not let me post a link??]. The price listed is the delivered price. Ordered Tuesday afternoon, received Thursday midmorning by UPS. This was my frist order with Summit Source.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts