36" Fortec Dish...anybody using one?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
One more think Iceberg - could you be sure to note how the dish is packed?

I've noticed some resellers of Fortec claiming to heavy duty pack the dishes even though they are drop shipping from Fortec.

I'm thoughly confused and I've heard they come as a dish tossed in a box with all the hardware as well as with nice foam packing.

Did you get the 'P's or the 'U's?

the P version

The U version is a universal bracket and the P is for regular motors (like the SG2100) and for fixed setups.

Primestar vs 36 Fortec

When I first got my whole setup (36Fstar and reciever) I used the Fstar universal lnb and Fstar 36" to try for G10R thinking my Primestar and the single output lnb that came with it was not up to digi standards. I swapped the Primestar back in with its lnb, and I am able to squeeze about 3-5% better quality out of Tube than the Fortec setup. And I certainly screwed around tweaking both for a long time. Poured down rain here yesterday, and the Primestar setup never let go of the Tube. Do you guys think it is because that Fstar lnbf is universal?

It may be the new LNBF is not the same diameter of neck as the P* LNBF, if its off slightly that would account for the signal quality being not as good. I did the same thing and had to remove the casing from the Universal LNBF I used. Its got to be at the exact same focal distance and height as the P* you removed. The universal LNB's I have are not as low noise as the standard LNB's I have that may also be the issue.

it didnt come today :(

The Fedex site says tomorrow :)

thank god for a 3 day weekend coming up

Apperently the FedEx guy fears to tread there as well!

I'm looking forward to hearing how these dishes work out for you.

Shawn

I've GOT to get me one, there's no doubt about it. 37% seems to be the max I can get for Quality on The Tube, and I've gotten used to leaving it on while doing things around the house. It's kind of like how MTV used to be, but with taste ;) I just have to find a good ebay deal; I sell on ebay, so when I use some of that PayPal $ to make purchases, wife can't complain like when I blew a whole big $20 on mounting gear and a pole :rolleyes: lol

CharredPC said:
I've GOT to get me one, there's no doubt about it. 37% seems to be the max I can get for Quality on The Tube, and I've gotten used to leaving it on while doing things around the house. It's kind of like how MTV used to be, but with taste ;) I just have to find a good ebay deal; I sell on ebay, so when I use some of that PayPal $ to make purchases, wife can't complain like when I blew a whole big $20 on mounting gear and a pole :rolleyes: lol

Thats about what I get too....:)

Hang tight and hopefully in the next day or so I'll have a update on the signal for G10 :D

Iceberg said:
Thats about what I get too....:)

Hang tight and hopefully in the next day or so I'll have a update on the signal for G10 :D

Looking forward to that!
Will have to dig through the threads on here and figure out the Is it Worth It, what size of dish works best / will work on my SG2100 (without killing the motor ;) )... Going on the general bigger is better rule, and what the SG2100 is rated for, I suppose a 1m would be my max.

... boy, the neighbors will have a fit, lol.

Ashley@sadoun said:
Sbacchus,

Im sorry you had such a bad experience with our company. If you would like me to send you a new dish or just refund you for the price of the dish, I will do that. Just give me a call at 888-519-9595 and ask for Ashley. Just make sure you mention satellite guys forum. Again I apologize for the bad experience you had and would like to fix the situation.

Ashley I called, you weren't there. I left a message for you with my number but I haven't heard anything back.

Cascade said:
It's moving my 1.2M without even breaking a sweat.

I don't think I've ever seen a piece of FTA hardware sweat ;)
Unless you count me climbing up and down the ladder 20 times to fine-tune things :rolleyes:

CharredPC said:
I don't think I've ever seen a piece of FTA hardware sweat ;)
Unless you count me climbing up and down the ladder 20 times to fine-tune things :rolleyes:

I'd class you more as software :)

sbacchus - Send Ashley a PM with your home phone number.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts