$39.95 go up to $49.95 ??

faithntim

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Granger, Indiana
My installation was about a year ago, and was guaranteed to stay $39.95 through 12/31/04. I've been anticipating it to go up to $49.95, but I just received my bill through March 3 and it is still at $39.95. I'd like to try out one of the movie packages for awhile, but I'm afraid that when I do it's going to trigger the price increase. Will adding a movie package cause my base price to go up? Or, if I drop the package a month later, will it revert to my old price or to the new price?

Tim

Great question! I ordered two additional receivers under the $1 promotion so my Va Va VOOM price went up to $89.90...however, I don't have to pay the $9.95 rental fee for each STB. Upgrading under the current promotion offer was a much better deal in my situation. Anyway, I'm still curious to hear what VOOMs pricing policy is for all grandfathered subscribers.

riffjim4069 said:
Great question! I ordered two additional receivers under the $1 promotion so my Va Va VOOM price went up to $89.90...however, I don't have to pay the $9.95 rental fee for each STB. Upgrading under the current promotion offer was a much better deal in my situation. Anyway, I'm still curious to hear what VOOMs pricing policy is for all grandfathered subscribers.

What I have been told is this. When your original commitment ages to one year then you will be put on the current pricing. This is why some are still on the old price structure.

Indy said:
What I have been told is this. When your original commitment ages to one year then you will be put on the current pricing. This is why some are still on the old price structure.

I signed up in November 2003, and still pay grandfathered pricing. Guess I will not make any changes or call customer service. Maybe they are using the install date of the replacement box?

MarcelV said:
I signed up in November 2003, and still pay grandfathered pricing. Guess I will not make any changes or call customer service. Maybe they are using the install date of the replacement box?
Installation was 1/2/2004. The box has never been replaced, and my billing for VaVaVoom is still $79.90. I just paid the most recent bill, covering programming through 3/1/2005. When Voom first started, the new subs got free programming until April 2004, so maybe April 1, 2004 is the trigger date for new pricing to kick in. Ironic or what?

What does this all mean? Don't rock the boat! I made the mistake last November of requesting an additional STB. That event triggered the price increase and when I learned that fact Voom would not let me undo the request. Meaning once the change was REQUESTED it was etched in stone as a change even if it was cancelled. The STB was never installed but my rates went up. I stewed over this for a couple of weeks then cancelled Voom and reinstalled on the $1 deal with 2 STB's. Oh well, still the best HD out there and I am happy.

Still $39.95/mt. including HBO. VOOMing since 12-12-03. We'll see what happens but right now we're very happy and...

still enjoying HDTV under showery Seattle skies, Gill

hrmm...ok....how in the world did you manage to get HBO included in your plan without paying extra for it?? At least I finally managed to upgrade to vavavoom for 79.95.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
Still $39.95/mt. including HBO. VOOMing since 12-12-03. We'll see what happens but right now we're very happy and...

still enjoying HDTV under showery Seattle skies, Gill

Gil it won't be going up for the "old-timers" and Playboy is $14.95 as well as the others. VOOM rocks doesn't it. It gives you the most bang for the buck!

faithntim said:
My installation was about a year ago, and was guaranteed to stay $39.95 through 12/31/04. I've been anticipating it to go up to $49.95, but I just received my bill through March 3 and it is still at $39.95. I'd like to try out one of the movie packages for awhile, but I'm afraid that when I do it's going to trigger the price increase. Will adding a movie package cause my base price to go up? Or, if I drop the package a month later, will it revert to my old price or to the new price?

Tim

No it should not. Are you an "old-timer" from '03? It should only cost you $14.95 for the extra movie pack and you can remove it anytime.

I totally complained about upgrading to VaVa VOOM and loosing your charter status. Who ever thought of this at VOOM must have been smoking something illegal :) My conention was that a charter membership should be based on when you signed up. For me it was Oct '03 and I purchased all four of my receivers. Why should chaning yor programming packaging make you loose your charter status.

Anyway, if you have a problem, please let me know and I can put you in touch with a very good individual at headquarters that will help you out. This person should be in charge of the entire VOOM operations/csr floor.

kfried001 said:
No it should not. Are you an "old-timer" from '03? It should only cost you $14.95 for the extra movie pack and you can remove it anytime.

I totally complained about upgrading to VaVa VOOM and loosing your charter status. Who ever thought of this at VOOM must have been smoking something illegal :) My conention was that a charter membership should be based on when you signed up. For me it was Oct '03 and I purchased all four of my receivers. Why should chaning yor programming packaging make you loose your charter status.

Anyway, if you have a problem, please let me know and I can put you in touch with a very good individual at headquarters that will help you out. This person should be in charge of the entire VOOM operations/csr floor.

My installation was in March 04. I think what I've learned from this thread is that it will be risky to make any changes. Sounds like I should leave well enough alone until I'm prepared to pay the $10 monthly upcharge.

The CSR told me several times when I ordered that if any programming changes are made, your bill will be figured at the current rates that day.

kfried001 said:

kfried001,

Would a Jan '04 install qualify as an "old timer"? I recently upgraded to VaVaVoom, was told it would be $79, but got bumped to $89 as well as increase in price on Playboy. I'd love to get the rates back down, or get the better rates on the STB's. I'd love it if you could give me your contact at heardquarters!