3d-blurayrental.com

I agree on the exclusives, Avatar is just a test. I disagree on the regular releases. $8 for junk like Green Hornet, as opposed to be forced to buy, is just fine with me. I'll be renting Mars Needs Moms, as I have no interest in buying.

I'm at a point where anything not shot natively, will either be rented in 2D, bought in 2D, or rented in 3D. I refuse to buy anymore 2D-3D conversions. Hollywood needs to get their head outta their ass, and im speaking with my wallet. Thor is a prime example, I want to own it, will prob just buy the cheaper 2D blu.

Jason- Many Hollywood movies shot in 3D use chroma keyed backdrops ( Green screen) As such these scenes are not 3D at all in the background. Only the actors in the foreground are in 3D. This was quite apparent in Sanctum, and latest Pirates of Caribbean.

Thats neat info. I think my issue is that I look at the upcoming releases for the rest of the year, and it bothers me. Im not going to spend that kinda money on a conversion, 2D Blu or rental is fine by me.

Priest September 13, 2011 Theatrical version originally flat, converted during post-production.
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides September 20, 2011 Shot with the Fusion Camera System.
Thor September 27, 2011 Theatrical version originally flat, converted during post-production. Also released in IMAX 3D.
Green Lantern October 25, 2011 Theatrical version originally flat, converted during post-production.
Rio November 8, 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon November 15, 2011 Shot with the Fusion Camera System.
Captain America: The First Avenger November 2011 Originally flat, converted during post-production.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 TBA 2012 Theatrical version originally flat, converted during post-production.

I mean is that not ridiculous?? Right now, this is like HDDVD vs Blu, when I chose Blu. I refused to buy any movie that was HDDVD or DVD only, and just rented. Im intend to do the same for conversions...

Maybe Im just frustrated, but it seems to me studios are using this as a way to charge more at the box office, and for optical media, which taking the cheaper conversion route.

Set up my account again and have ordered Oz. My hope is it ships Monday and arrives late week for next weekend. It looks like they allow 7 days from arrival, so that will work out well for next weekend. Chad B will be here Monday and Ive heard good things about his 3D cal on the VT series, so I look forward to trying Oz out afterwards. I also notice the site has a rental plan now like Netflix, but it's $16 a month for 1 at a time. Just looking at rental costs and how many I would probably get a month, Ill just stick to paying per disc right now. I got Oz for $5.99 shipped, can't complain about that.

That was a quick reply on the weekend:

Thank you. Your movie rental has shipped. You should receive the movie within 1-5 business days (usually 1-3 business days). If you do not get this movie within 5 business days, please respond to this email and let us know.

If your order contains a pre-order, we will give you an update by the release date. Please review our terms, conditions & renter’s agreement page for your obligations as a renter:

http://stores.3d-blurayrental.com/-strse-template/policy/Page.bok

We thank you for your business.

cid:image001.jpg@01CC6D99.61974830

orders@3d-blurayrental.com

Trade-in your 3D movies - email us!

www.3d-blurayrental.com

Crap that was fast shipping!

IMG_20130805_165233_455_zps90e60527.jpg

I went ahead and jumped on the monthly for $17. After looking at 3D releases, even conversions (as much as they irk me), and the "to 3D or not to 3D" type reviews, I found a pretty good list.

The subscription service will require you get 3+ per month to make it pay. I can do more than their maximum and live too many days away for shipping so I pay a la carte. This week alone, I ordered 4 3D titles ( 3 at the discounted price and one at the $7.99 price. Not being on subscription service allows me to order as many as I want since there is no maximum. Then during months where there is nothing new, I just pay $0. What is nice is they make both plans available so you can choose what works best for you. No one else does that. I could even do a hybrid of both if I want. It's a great way to save money if you know you will only watch a title once anyway, then just let it take space on the shelf.. How many people have titles they haven't seen in years, but paid full price?

Best Ill do is 3 a month most likely, and I get them in 2 days in Alabama. Being able to send back on a Monday and have the next one ship on the same day means I can have them all here by the weekend, and if for some reason i cant get to one I wont be charged for it sitting.

3D rental site

I have received a number of titles from this site but in trying to rent today i keep getting that this site is can not be found.I would like to know if anyone has info about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)