3rd leased 622 installed today

Thwockage

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
Since there are often threads questioning how many leased HDDVRs Dish allows, just wanted to share that my 3rd leased 622 was just installed - so it *is* possible (I guess Dish is loosening restrictions given the impending release of the 722?). Got the deal for $49 plus the $100 rebate over 10 months.

My previous set up was 2 622s and a 942 (all leased); when I saw the message on the 942 about the 15 August loss of the VOOM channels and number to call about the "special upgrade offer", I called and ordered another 622 to replace the 942. Dish said they had to temporarily deactivate one of my existing 622s (until the new 622 was installed) in order to process the request, and said to call to have it reactivated after the 3rd 622 was installed.

This (not suprisingly) was NOT a seamless process. After the new 622 arrived and was activated by the installer, it then took me 3 calls playing CSR roullette until I finally got a tech support person who got things sorted out on reactivating the other 622. All is good now, however.

Now looking forward to the external storage activation... :)

Cheers,
Todd

What option did you take to get to talk to someone about the upgrade? When I called I just got the regular menu options. Also, I contacted CEO and am being offered $149 upgrade when earlier they same rep offered $99 with a credit on my bill. I guess my status with Dish has gone in the dumper. :eek:

What option did you take to get to talk to someone about the upgrade? When I called I just got the regular menu options. Also, I contacted CEO and am being offered $149 upgrade when earlier they same rep offered $99 with a credit on my bill. I guess my status with Dish has gone in the dumper. :eek:

Yup, I got the regular menu, too, when I dialed the "special" number. I just selected Tech Support and told the rep what I was trying to do and eventually, they got it sorted.

I upgraded to two leased 622's in January. Last week my 6000 and my 811 both had the message on them with the special phone number. I called that number and went through tech support and explained I had the messages to call for a "special upgrade offer" because I was about to lose my voom channels on those two receivers. They sent me to another tech support that had the ability to authorize the upgrades and I got two leased 211's to replace my 6000 and my 811.

Can anyone help me here.I need 1 622 and 2 625s.My understanding from another thread the lease fee is waived on the 622 , fees apply for the 625s5 bucks each .Now do I have to pay 3 dvr fees also.With Direct you only pay one dvr fee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)