3rd party universal remote

I have the harmony that is designed to work/look like it goes with an xbox 360... Love the thing, don't know how i ever lived without it. I love the fact that I can reprogram the different buttons to work different things, such as the volume working with my a/v receiver, channel buttons working with my 722, and power button working with my TV ;)

You're getting a lot of comments for the Harmony remote.

I'm cheap. I didn't want to get that remote. Instead I got the Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sony-RM-VL600-8-Device-Universal-Learning/dp/B000F7JCRA/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1229030373&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote: Electronics[/ame]
It is great. It even learns and has a few macros that I set up to easily flip back and forth to the DVD player or something different. For around $25 it is wonderful!!!

You're getting a lot of comments for the Harmony remote.

I'm cheap. I didn't want to get that remote. Instead I got the Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning RemoteAmazon.com: Sony RM-VL600 8-Device Universal Learning Remote: Electronics
It is great. It even learns and has a few macros that I set up to easily flip back and forth to the DVD player or something different. For around $25 it is wonderful!!!

Another cheapo here!;) Also have the Sony VL-600, 2 of 'em actually. Still waiting for the new Dish 21.0 to control the receivers from another room--UHF/RF.

Ed

What about the new remote Dish Network is planning soon (may be out already) -- $20 and if it doesn't have a code you need you can program it with the TV's remote.

Another cheapo here!;) Also have the Sony VL-600, 2 of 'em actually. Still waiting for the new Dish 21.0 to control the receivers from another room--UHF/RF.

Ed

That's a nice remote for the price. It also allows you to program a one button macro that will turn closed captions on/off.

Does anyone know if the Dish 21.0 remote will allow macros? If so how many keypress's can you program in a macro. Does it by any chance have a CC
button?

+1 on the Harmony One. btw, I also have the IR4PS3 to control my ps3. Works flawlessly! One Remote to Rule Them All, as the saying goes!!

What about the new remote Dish Network is planning soon (may be out already) -- $20 and if it doesn't have a code you need you can program it with the TV's remote.

:upYep, I wish they'd hurry and get it released! I want to give one for a Xmas present--to my sister in KENTUCKY,:) BTW.

Ed

You have to call and order it. I received mine via UPS this past Wed. Very minimal instructions. No instructions on programming. I did get it to download my 622 info. I guess. The mode lights all lit up and blinked sequentially like a neon honky tonk sign. But when I go back to that screen, it tells me no previous download. Guess I'll call Dish tomorrow about that.

You have to call and order it. I received mine via UPS this past Wed. Very minimal instructions. No instructions on programming. I did get it to download my 622 info. I guess. The mode lights all lit up and blinked sequentially like a neon honky tonk sign. But when I go back to that screen, it tells me no previous download. Guess I'll call Dish tomorrow about that.

You actually got the new 21.0 remote??? I keep checking the Dish site as well as The Dish Store and no luck yet. Are you SURE its the new one with learning capability? If so I'll give 'em a call. Bummer about the lack of instructions though. I need 2 for me and one for a Xmas present. Please post back. Thanks1

Ed

I also emailed the Dish Store the 1st of the week asking if they had any idea when they'd get them. They've never answered. ???

Last edited:
You actually got the new 21.0 remote??? I keep checking the Dish site as well as The Dish Store and no luck yet. Are you SURE its the new one with learning capability? If so I'll give 'em a call. Bummer about the lack of instructions though. I need 2 for me and one for a Xmas present. Please post back. Thanks1

Ed

I also emailed the Dish Store the 1st of the week asking if they had any idea when they'd get them. They've never answered. ???[/QUOTE

Well, I WAS able to order the 21.0 remotes! Just got off the phone with Dish (Phillipines). She actually told me that they would NOT work with my receivers--622 &722. I told her they WOULD. :rolleyes: I confirmed 2 or 3 times that they were indeed the NEW 21.0's. Hopefully they WILL work and come with programming instructions. I know that they said on the tech chat that they would work on they older receivers as well as ship with the new "K" models. They better! Dunno why else they'd release them........:confused:
Thanks for the heads up myron!

Ed

Ed

I also emailed the Dish Store the 1st of the week asking if they had any idea when they'd get them. They've never answered. ???[/QUOTE

Well, I WAS able to order the 21.0 remotes! Just got off the phone with Dish (Phillipines). She actually told me that they would NOT work with my receivers--622 &722. I told her they WOULD. :rolleyes: I confirmed 2 or 3 times that they were indeed the NEW 21.0's. Hopefully they WILL work and come with programming instructions. I know that they said on the tech chat that they would work on they older receivers as well as ship with the new "K" models. They better! Dunno why else they'd release them........:confused:
Thanks for the heads up myron!

Ed
I was just able to order a 21.0 remote as well by calling dish. I have a Vizio 47'' TV and some of the tv functions don't work with the 6.3 remote so I'm excited to try the learning feature.

You actually got the new 21.0 remote???
Let me check. Well, it has a Search button just under the channel down arrow, it has red, yellow, blue and green buttons just above the transport buttons, it has an IR port for learning on the left side at the top and on the back it says 21.0 IR/UHF PRO. So, yeah. I'm pretty sure I got what I called and ordered last week.

It comes set up for UHF for TV2 but it has instructions to change to IR for TV1. I still need to call and see if they can explain the learning function. I would really like to activate the Search button at the top. And I would like to know the function of the System Wizard button incorporated with the zero/right arrow button.

DSCF1132.jpg

Yep, that's definitely it! Thanks again for letting us know it's available.:up Should have mine SOON.

ED

If you get any further info on using/programming it please post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)