3rd QUARTER REPORT 2019

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Today we learned that Sling TV gained about 214,000 subscribers in the 3rd quarter of 2019 and now has over 2.69 million subscribers. This is up from the 2.47 million subscribers Sling TV had in the 2nd quarter of 2019. This means Sling TV is still the largest live TV streaming service in the United States. Dish satellite lost 66,000 customers as Sling TV helped lift Dish into positive subscriber growth.

Sling TV Added 214,000 New Subscribers in The 3rd Quarter of 2019 As DISH Added 148,000 TV Subscribers - Cord Cutters News

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Nov 7 (Reuters) - U.S. satellite TV provider Dish Network Corp reported better-than-expected quarterly revenue on Thursday as it added 148,000 pay-TV subscribers.

Net income attributable to the company fell to $353 million, or 66 cents per share, in the third quarter ended Sept. 30 from $432 million, or 82 cents per share, a year earlier.

Revenue fell 6.8% to $3.17 billion, but beat analysts’ average estimate of $3.16 billion, according to IBES data from Refinitiv.

Dish revenue beats on pay-TV subscriber addition

Interesting. I thought not paying Sinclair for the FOX Sports RSN's for almost the entire quarter would have meant more income.

Interesting. I thought not paying Sinclair for the FOX Sports RSN's for almost the entire quarter would have meant more income.
DISH Says Not Having FOX RSNs on Sling TV Has Helped Keep Pricing Down - Cord Cutters News

Today during DISH’s 3rd quarter earings call, DISH opened up about its talks with Sinclair over the FOX regional sports networks RSN. According to DISH, they did lose subscribers, but not having these FOX RSN networks has helped DISH keep prices down both on DISH and Sling TV.

How has this helped keep the costs down for subscribers, the last price increase was earlier this year, if they mean next year then they are not coming back.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Deorbit literally means to leave orbit and burn up. Going to a graveyard orbit is not technically deorbiting, since it is still in a distant and increasing orbit.

But I’ll bet the term was used loosely to include a graveyard orbit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deorbit literally means to leave orbit and burn up. Going to a graveyard orbit is not technically deorbiting, since it is still in a distant and increasing orbit.

But I’ll bet the term was used loosely to include a graveyard orbit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you go back and look at the actual title 47 rulemaking document, they described it as a "reorbit" to a higher altitude.

Sent from S10 Plus
using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)