3yr price lock must use dish equipment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvland1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
ohio
Well after45minutes of argueing with csr and telling them that their own online order form states that you can purchase a online hdduo receiver at $0 cost for receiver fees I finally activated their211 and added the vip222k for $7 making the monthly Bill at $55..they won't let you use your own equipment for the first receiver..still not bad since I'm running 3tv's for$7 additional cost

For fee purposes, the most expensive receiver would become the "first" receiver. I think the rule may be that at least one receiver has to be leased.

You must use their 211lease receiver and that's the first receiver..I got online a couple hours after everything was up and running and questioned the online CSR about adding a second receiver..gave them the receiver and card numbers and the next thing I knew it was activated...I really wasn't even trying to activate it..just get answers..since the 222 only has one set of numbers they must not track it as a duel receive anymore now..They wouldn't let me use my own receiver as first one..
03/04/16 - 04/03/16 TV 3 Year Guarantee
AT 120+ (reg $69.99) 49.99
(includes eAutoPay savings)
First Receiver (add'l $7-17) 0.00
HD Receiver 7.00
HD Free For Life (reg $10) 0.00
$56.99
03/04/16 - 04/03/16 Add-Ons
Dish Movie Pack 0.00
HBO, SHO, Max, STARZ 0.00
$0.00
03/04/16 - 04/03/16 Additional Savings
Dish Referral 1 of 10 -5.00
-$5.00
Taxes
03/04/16 State/Local Tax (Sales) 3.11
$3.11
Surcharges
03/04/16 OH State Surcharge 0.22
$0.22
TV $55.32
this line is supposed to be blank
AutoPay on 03/19/16 $55.32

What I'm saying is that fees are calculated by treating the most expensive receiver as the receiver that gets no fee. I can almost guarantee the "HD Receiver 7.00" is the charge for the 211, not the 222.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Troch77
I've used my own equipment since I've been on Dish Network. This has been for 15+ years. I've never been charged a first receiver fee.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Tampa8
This looks like a classic case of miscommunication. You made the assumption because one is leased and one isn't that is a deciding factor, it isn't. There is no such thing as you must use their leased receiver as the first, at the least I have never seen it posted here otherwise how do people use all their own equipment? I have never seen where owning your own equipment causes a higher charge by DISH. It's the most expensive that goes first whatever the ownership. What they were trying to tell you was just that. In the end that is exactly what happened, your owned 222 receiver is the first receiver their leased 211 receiver is the second, thus the $7 charge that is for the 211. If they did not allow your owned as the first you would be paying $14 not $7.

The most expensive receiver on the account is Free the each additional receiver gets the fee. Doesn't matter owned or leased.

Well I'm really not sure what they did but it worked out like I wanted in the long run....Yes I know you can use your own equipment as I also have for many yrs..In order to get the price lock promotion you must use one of their leased receivers and a installer has to complete the order...You cannot just have your own equipment hooked up and call to activate or you pay normal pricing...I'm planning on adding another 222 in the near future so it will be interesting to see what charges I have then..I'm sure it will add another $14 but after last experiences talking with CSR I don't think they have a clue what's going on anymore..

1 2
VIP211Z_sm.jpg
magnify.png
VIP222K_sm.jpg
magnify.png

VIP211Z. VIP222K
HD Solo. HD Duo
R1907xxxxxx. R01296xxxxx
S23396xxxxx. S23001xxxxx
Leased. Purchased
03/04/16. 03/04/16
No. No
No. Not Available

Is the 3 year price lock JUST on the Core Programming ONLY like Top 200 or Top 250
I read the contract and that is how I took it. It is very long
In other words it does not cover lease or receiver fees or HBO?
Can someone confirm?
Which means next year Dish can rise prices on everyone, just receiver and HBO fees ect

Looks liek its core + 1 receiver

per the terms (from the dish site)

Terms & Conditions

$49.99 Price Guarantee includes:
America’s Top 120 Plus and equipment for 1 TV. Available upgrades: $7/mo. for each additional TV (receivers with additional functionality may be $10-$15); $64.99/mo for America’s Top 200; $74.99/mo for America’s Top 250.

Price Guarantee does not include:
Taxes or state-specific surcharges, add-on programming (including premium channels), protection plan or transactional fees. Additional monthly fees, upfront fees or transactional fees may apply for business customers. After 36 months, then-current prices and fees for all services apply.

Premium Channels:
After 3 months, you will be billed $60/mo for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz and DISH Movie Pack unless you call to cancel.

Protection Plan:
After 6 months, you will be billed $8/mo for the protection plan unless you call to cancel. Price subject to change.

Miscellaneous:
All packages, programming, features, and functionality and all prices and fees not included in price guarantee are subject to change without notice. © 2015 DISH Network L.L.C. All rights reserved. HBO®, Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. SHOWTIME is a registered trademark of Showtime Networks Inc., a CBS Company. STARZ and related channels and service marks are property of Starz Entertainment, LLC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts