4.0 IR/UHF Pro remote... UHF failing

CTHL

Original poster
May 2, 2010
Missouri
So this remote has worked fine for a few years now, but suddenly it no longer works the TV2 UHF unless I put the remote less than 2 inches from any form of antenna connected to the receiver, that is in another room (I've used the "splitter" method, extended antenna, same result). Changed batteries, no new results. yada yada.

It happened to coincide with the installation of a second electric fence charger 100 feet away from the house, which I thought was the obvious problem, but I've turned that and everything that could be interfering off, and still the remote will not work the satellite receiver's TV2 without the < 2 inch range. The IR functions do still work fine, if thats of any concern. Also another UHF remote for a seperate dual receiever/DVR in the house works fine.

Before it failed to the point it is now, it was acting screwy for a moment, having extremely delayed and erratic response, so I wonder if it somehow shorted or something. I dunno. Just tryin to figure out if this is a receiver problem, or the remote's error. I'm cheap and lazy, I don't like to put much time and money into it, hehe.

So this remote has worked fine for a few years now, but suddenly it no longer works the TV2 UHF unless I put the remote less than 2 inches from any form of antenna connected to the receiver, that is in another room (I've used the "splitter" method, extended antenna, same result). Changed batteries, no new results. yada yada.

It happened to coincide with the installation of a second electric fence charger 100 feet away from the house, which I thought was the obvious problem, but I've turned that and everything that could be interfering off, and still the remote will not work the satellite receiver's TV2 without the < 2 inch range. The IR functions do still work fine, if thats of any concern. Also another UHF remote for a seperate dual receiever/DVR in the house works fine.

Before it failed to the point it is now, it was acting screwy for a moment, having extremely delayed and erratic response, so I wonder if it somehow shorted or something. I dunno. Just tryin to figure out if this is a receiver problem, or the remote's error. I'm cheap and lazy, I don't like to put much time and money into it, hehe.

try programming the other remote for that recvr & see if it works ... that will answer you question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)