4/15/2009 1:38pm - Uplink Activity Report - 74 changes

216 - ION [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 14 ConUS beam (A)
216 - ION [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar6 72.7W TP 31 ConUS beam (A)
217 - IONW [MPEG2 SD] added to EchoStar7 119W TP 20 ConUS beam (NA)

Was this REALLY necessary? Does a channel with 3 hours of real programming with lower ratings than any other channel on the planet and 21 hours a day of infomercials really need a 3 hour delayed feed?

And where's CSPAN3. :D

See ya
Tony

Was this REALLY necessary? Does a channel with 3 hours of real programming with lower ratings than any other channel on the planet and 21 hours a day of infomercials really need a 3 hour delayed feed?
You answered your own question - the answer is obviously yes.

Without the W feed, if anyone on the West Coast watches the channel (without a DVR), they will entirely miss the only 3 hours of programming ! :eek: :D

And where's CSPAN3. :D

See ya
Tony
Hopefully ion will be removed from channel 280.
As of now it is on both channels.

Hey in Los Angeles where we have ION OTA they started broadcasting in HD last week. So that's 12-14 hours of upconverted infomercials daily.:D

oh that's it!! I am canceling DISH! I cannot believe they did not add ION in HD as soon as it went on the air!!!

Damn Charlie, Jim, and every other person, even the janitor who works at Dish.

WAAAAHHHHH, WAAAHHHHH, WAAAAHHHH!

(you may now substitute SPEED, or whatever channel you like in the above)

Yes, you are correct. For instance folks in the Gainesville, FL market had their locals launched on a 129 spotbeam. Some moved their 61.5 dish over to 129 but lost their RSN's. This should solve the issue.

What's funny is that an installer came out and set me up for 110,119, 129, and 61.5 on Saturday so I could get these in HD. If they would have mirrored these last week all would have been fine. Is there any reason I should keep the 61.5 dish up now or could I take it down?

I believe those are florida RSNs... people were having issues with locals being on 129 yet RSNs were on 61.5 thus making them not have a single dish solution. This mirror allows a single dish solution for them. (if i have the channels correct)
Right after I buy a 1000.2 so I can get my HD locals and keep my wing dish for HD RSNs that are on 61.5.....figures.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)