4:2:2 Digital

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Link to elecard codec for PCI cards which installs without any logo and with no distortion of the picture. I tried a few before I found this one.

http://www.dvbskystar.com/

Click on "Downloads" then "Video and audio tools" Then scroll down to "Codec mpeg2 elecard".

And also there is a PCI card which does blindscan ...... It is just out of production and hard to find.

jerryt:
Excellent link, thanks. Do you know the name of the Blind-scan capable PCI card? I've never heard of one in all my digging, in or out of production.

jerryt said:
Link to elecard codec for PCI cards which installs without any logo and with no distortion of the picture. I tried a few before I found this one.

http://www.jerryt-is-naughty.com/

Click on "Downloads" then "Video and audio tools" Then scroll down to "Codec mpeg2 elecard".

And also there is a PCI card which does blindscan ...... It is just out of production and hard to find.

Is that legal? Remember the elecard codec is shareware and the logo is there to encourage you to purchase it. Therefore using this "patch" or hack to disable the logo might violate the EULA and thus be considered software piracy.

If you must have a free solution for 4:2:2 and cannot afford the small price to register the elecard codec (If I'm not mistaken it's only around $20), I would recommend VLC rather than resorting to piracy.

Stefan said:
If you must have a free solution for 4:2:2 and cannot afford the small price to register the elecard codec (If I'm not mistaken it's only around $20), I would recommend VLC rather than resorting to piracy.

There's plenty of 4:2:2 codec solutions without resorting to piracy. The link he gave had several MPEG2 decoders, several of which I've personally used for 4:2:2 signals... and I don't think those have a $20 cost :D

As far as I know, only 2 free codecs that are able to decode 4:2:2 is Elecard and VLC (free elecard version has logo, VLC has the codecs built-in).
I am supprised to see that the mods still allows the link here.

CharredPC said:
There's plenty of 4:2:2 codec solutions without resorting to piracy. The link he gave had several MPEG2 decoders, several of which I've personally used for 4:2:2 signals... and I don't think those have a $20 cost :D

I apologize for the link.

I did not note any "piracy" about that codec.

I installed it after installing ProbDVB which came with Elecard codec. I was never able to get the 4:2:2 to work until after I installed that specific version of Elecard which had an install application and installed as Elecard 2.0

I never had the Elecard logo, maybe because I installed ProbDVB first.

Yeah, no kidding... and why would they stop production of something so wonderful and desired? ;)
Get me a name! I'll buy a dozen!

docj2005 said:
SO WHAT IS THE CARD.
why do we have to wait for 2days or what ever..
lets hear about it!

The skystar 2 card (SS2) version 2.3 supports blind scanning. The card itself doesn't do it but there are stand alone applications that use the card to do it. BXS software has a program called "transponder finder" that uses the SS2 card. However there are 2 versions of the skystar2 card. Version 2.3 and 2.6. The 2.6 is the newer version and it doesn't support the blind scanning. That is the version that I have. The SS2 is much more popular overseas in europe and is used quite a bit with the 1 way satellite internet services. (That's what I originally got mine for). You can still find the 2.3 new or occasionally for sale on ebay. It's a good card. There is also a skystar 1 card but that has hardware decode and it quite a robust unit. The SS2 cards are all software decode.

Arion said:
The skystar 2 card (SS2) version 2.3 supports blind scanning. The card itself doesn't do it but there are stand alone applications that use the card to do it. BXS software has a program called "transponder finder" that uses the SS2 card. However there are 2 versions of the skystar2 card. Version 2.3 and 2.6. The 2.6 is the newer version and it doesn't support the blind scanning. That is the version that I have. The SS2 is much more popular overseas in europe and is used quite a bit with the 1 way satellite internet services. (That's what I originally got mine for). You can still find the 2.3 new or occasionally for sale on ebay. It's a good card. There is also a skystar 1 card but that has hardware decode and it quite a robust unit. The SS2 cards are all software decode.

Thanks for the info. Not sure if this is what JerryT is referring to, though. Do you know how long the Skystar's "transponder Finder" takes to run? Twinhan cards have an application by the same name, but it takes a rediculous amount of time to run, so isn't truly blind scanning. No, seriously. DAYS to run from 10.x to 11.x, and that's only using about a dozen different symbol rates, and skipping every 2-3 frequencies! I consider true blind scan to take under an hour, do 'all' symbol rates, otherwise it's not really blind scan. :D

No idea how long it takes I just know that the SS2 2.3 version can do it and that is the popular card among the SS2 users that everyone want's.

I've seen the software, but have not used it.
It seems to use a brute force method trying every combination possible to check for a signal lock, similar to the way the Twinhan version works.

The blind scan PCI card is the....

Skystar2 version 2.3 using MITEL tuner with TSA5059 frequency synthesizer
and VP310 demodulator/channel decoder. It is the VP310 chip which makes the card able to do variable SR.

The software available to do the blindscan are....

Sat Blindscan 1.0.0 build 120 from www.dvbskystar.com (Performance:
* Full ASTRA 19.2 scan was performed in 63 seconds)

And....

Transponder Finder V0.9 Alpha from http://bxs.no.sapo.pt

your mileage may vary.

Sorry for the wait.....

But there was only one on Ebay

jerryt,

I was bidding against you on that card yesterday! I thought I was gonna get it cheap! It was a steal at the price you got it for. I just didn't have enough cash to bid any higher.
Enjoy your new card and keep us posted on the results you get with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)