4:2:2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
are there any particular satellites that you normally find them on?

or is it just guessing and blind scanning and hit and miss?

the "feeds" sats are usually 74 & 91 along with 79,85 and 89...105 once in a while but not as much

No, there's no indication that it does 4:2:2 from the specs. I think the AZbox HD series only supported 4:2:2 by a fluke accident of design. They picked a chipset that supported the format, and only later developed it for the North American market. Early firmware on the Azbox Elite supported 4:2:2 only on some encoders, then gradually , firmware changes made it a much more well rounded 4:2:2 stb. There has to be the hardware chipset compatability, though, to start with.
:)

That's what I gather. From early reports , the programmers thought we were crazy in North America , but when they received the recorded stream data, they went to work and put out some good 4:2:2 code for the Azbox. This stuff was originally designed for the rest of the world.

That's what I gather. From early reports , the programmers thought we were crazy in North America , but when they received the recorded stream data, they went to work and put out some good 4:2:2 code for the Azbox. This stuff was originally designed for the rest of the world.

Actually, Azbox had little to do with the 4:2:2 capability. The Sigma chipset choice was available for OEM on a predeveloped platform provided by the manufacturer. Through a stoke of luck to the North American hobbyist, the video decode chip has 4:2:2 capability. AZ developers merely enabled the chipset feature.

Finding some of the 4:2:2 when my AZbox ultra comes in should be pretty easy for me since ii have some scanned in already on the solomend but only shows up at a noisy green screen.

yep. When I scan for cfb games I use the Coolsat 5000 to scan then load the HD/4:2:2 TP's into the azbox

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts