4/7/2010 1:33pm - Uplink Activity Report - 40 changes

Some HD activity in the HD Latino package, we know what happens when they do that. :)

Yep, clocks ticking. I doubt they would load them up on the Latino package this early if they were going to go live on the 19th.

Usually an upload to the latino package is 7 days or less from going live.

My preference would have been for them to uplink the HD versions of CW, My and PBS. They eventually will have to anyway.
no they dont. They can just use the digital feed, stretch it to fit 4:3 and call it SD

Is WYPX a map down of the national ION or is the station actually being uplinked? I know in several markets ION is now in HD, though not in the Albany market.
national..shows on a conus TP. That is usually a dead giveaway

TP31 has it and all the EA Ion "markets" are on that TP. No there isnt like 50 channels on that TP ;)

youre not following me here Hemi...lets go back in time shall we??

When Dish added HD locals to 61.5 (pre EA) it was JUST the Big 4. Then Dish started EA and markets added after that got the whole group of channels. But some markets still didnt have all their locals on EA (the ones in the uplink) so they needed 2 dishes
Check TP 13 as example
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...&sub=true&beamMap=E12_SB4.jpg&sort=TP&order=D

Buffalo EA ONLY folks had Big4 + CW for locals. No PBS and no My

Same with Syracuse & Albany
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...1&sub=true&beamMap=E12_SB3.jpg&sort=TP&order=

The only way for folks to get all their locals was to have 2 dishes

So are you saying that now if I want to get all of my local HD stations here in Buffalo, I will only need one dish on my house and not 2?

not all of them are in HD....but soon (once they turn them on) you'll only need one dish for all your locals. An Eastern Arc Dish

The ones added today are still in SD but are MPEG4

no Eastern Arc only.
We are Eastern arc NOW. But If we wanted HD we needed a wing dish because the 129 was out of the question.
What I'm saying is the 2 dish issue for the East , Has been an issue since E* started offering HD programming.
People who have the correct setup's and Still can't get ANY Locals because they are out of the Spotbeams seem to me should be addressed First.

These other guys can atleast get their HD and SD locals.

new hd channels coming on the 19th 8 new ones so far
two on May 5th

should have listened to the show last night i was a good one.

some markets only had the Big4 on Eastern Arc (Buffalo being one). So folks who wanted ALL of their locals needed an EA dish (for the big 4 in HD) and a 110 dish for the rest in SD

now DIsh crammed the other locals (My, CW, PBS etc) on the EA sats

The loading isn't that bad since there are only 5 HD channels mixed with those MPEG4 SDs. Not sure why they put WNLO up in SD when they already carry it in HD....they usually don't do that on EA.

new hd channels coming on the 19th 8 new ones so far
two on May 5th

should have listened to the show last night i was a good one.

It was a good show. However, I had a difficult time hearing the channel names most likely due to the technical difficulties with Skype.

new hd channels coming on the 19th 8 new ones so far two on May 5th
That is what we are hearing anyways... Since its a rumor (although from good sources) please remember that its just a rumor.

I dont want no one trying to hunt me down because they couldn't watch the Clark Howard show in HD on HLN HD because it didnt launch when it was supposed to. :D :D

We are Eastern arc NOW. But If we wanted HD we needed a wing dish because the 129 was out of the question.
What I'm saying is the 2 dish issue for the East , Has been an issue since E* started offering HD programming.
People who have the correct setup's and Still can't get ANY Locals because they are out of the Spotbeams seem to me should be addressed First.

Hemi you're not following

Folks in New York and New England who have Eastern Arc ONLY do not get all their locals. They only get the Big 4 on Eastern Arc

no PBS
no My Network
no CW (in most cases...Buffalo is an exception)
no Independent channels

those folks who wanted ALL their locals need 2 dishes
Eastern Arc
a dish at 110 for the other channels Dish didnt put on EA (mainly 61.5)

honestly I cant believe the NAB didnt get wind of this...remember the whole "split locals" issue years ago and the NAB forced Dish to carry all locals on one dish

That is what we are hearing anyways... Since its a rumor (although from good sources) please remember that its just a rumor.

I dont want no one trying to hunt me down because they couldn't watch the Clark Howard show in HD on HLN HD because it didnt launch when it was supposed to. :D :D

My money is on 2 of them going live within the next 7 days. Dish has a pretty good track record of uploading to the latino package just before launch.

Scott is right it is a rumor until we see the channels go live on monday the 19th.I just put a list together of the possiblity of these channels go live thats all i did ;-)

I'm a retailer in the Portland Auburn DMA. This is excelent news for us. All of our local channels on 61.5. This is going to be fantastic for our business.

Folks in New York and New England who have Eastern Arc ONLY do not get all their locals. They only get the Big 4 on Eastern Arc

no PBS
no My Network
no CW (in most cases...Buffalo is an exception)
no Independent channels

Here in Connecticut on Eastern Arc only we get PBS, my network, CW, and a number of independent channels. So thats not true everywhere. :)

you're not following
Holy Tower of Babel Batman!

In the Buffalo market if you have:

(WESTERN ARC) 110/119/129 (if it were possible) you get:

ABC SD
CBS SD
NBC SD
FOX SD
CW SD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

(EASTERN ARC) 61.5/72.7/77 you get
ABC HD
CBS HD
NBC HD
Fox HD
CW HD

(Mixed Arc - the norm until Dish royally screwed things up for many of their HD subscribers) 61.5/110/119 you get
ABC SD & HD
CBS SD & HD
NBC SD & HD
FOX SD & HD
CW SD & HD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

-----------------------------
Once the channels uplinked today are activated you can get
ABC HD
CBS HD
NBC HD
FOX HD
CW HD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

with a single Eastern Arc Dish.

The uplink today is important to all the markets in the same predicament in the east coast!

Holy Tower of Babel Batman!

In the Buffalo market if you have:

(WESTERN ARC) 110/119/129 (if it were possible) you get:

ABC SD
CBS SD
NBC SD
FOX SD
CW SD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

(EASTERN ARC) 61.5/72.7/77 you get
ABC HD
CBS HD
NBC HD
Fox HD
CW HD

(Mixed Arc - the norm until Dish royally screwed things up for many of their HD subscribers) 61.5/110/119 you get
ABC SD & HD
CBS SD & HD
NBC SD & HD
FOX SD & HD
CW SD & HD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

-----------------------------
Once the channels uplinked today are activated you can get
ABC HD
CBS HD
NBC HD
FOX HD
CW HD
PBS SD
Other local stations SD

with a single Eastern Arc Dish.

The uplink today is important to all the markets in the same predicament in the east coast!

This is what I thought Dish was going to do once they started clearing off the national programming from 77 W. Obviously this reduces/eliminates the need for mixed Arc setups. Of course by doing this, there is less space on 77 W for Dish to offer HD locals for EA markets.

Still no fix for the Scranton DMA. What the hell, Dish? I'd like to know why fixing that isn't the FIRST priority amongst the attempts to get people off of 119/110/61.5.

Sorry, I've been trying to follow this forum the best I could lately, but it's still kind of confusing to me.

It was announced a little bit ago that Shreveport would be getting local HDs, has there been any news on that lately?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts