4/7/2010 1:33pm - Uplink Activity Report - 40 changes

So now these customers have to use the 1000.4 Just to get the New HD and Still Need a Wing pointed at the 119 Just to Get there locals in SD.

Well it's even worse than that, if reports here are correct.

What I've seen posted multiple times is that if you do such a setup, you only get the Big 4 locals because they're the only ones that have unique channel numbers (meaning the actual numbers, not the mapdown numbers) on 119. If you try to go to PBS, CW, or MyNetwork, the receiver will try for the Eastern Arc version and fail without trying the 119 version! (The Big 4 locals work because they only exist in HD on Eastern Arc, so if you go to the SD version the receiver knows to go to 119.)

It seems to me that if they're not going to do anything else, they should at least fix this problem I just described. I haven't seen anyone post about it lately, does anyone know if they did fix it somehow?

Since I don't want to lose my locals, crappy though the SD version may be, I think it's about time I demand a rebate for all the new national HD I'm not getting!

We in Miami have it worst since we can not get 129 we need a eastern arc dish for 61.5 and 72 to get hidef ch that 119 and 110 does not have but we need 110 and 119 for our locals :mad::(:eek:

So... Opelika gets CW in HD, WUPA in Atlanta is still SD. How'd Charlie decide on that one? :confused:
Actually, WLGA is a Indy channel. They got their CW affiliation taken from them last year. WLTZ actually uses a sub channel to broadcast CW. I never thought I would ever see our area get locals on sat.

How long do they usually uplink these before they make them active?

Does that usually mean since Dish has the locals in my area that DirecTV will follow?

Does that usually mean since Dish has the locals in my area that DirecTV will follow?

That is isn't necessarily the case. A lot of times, when one offers locals in an area, the other doesn't follow so quickly. However, I have heard that DirecTV is planning to bring locals to Columbus within the next year. Hopefully for you, that will be sooner rather than later with the new satellite up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts