4 Disney movies scheduled for 08 with interactive features

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Blu-ray.com - Disney Announces Four Classics for 2008

Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment has announced the scheduling of four classic movies coming to Blu-ray in 2008, all featuring the latest in Blu-ray interactivity. Coming Spring 2008 is 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe' which will be the first Disney title to use the Picture-In-Picture feature of upcoming Blu-ray players. Summer 2008 will see the release of 'National Treasure' which will be the first Disney title to use Internet connectivity. In the Fall, Disney will release 'Finding Nemo' and the first Platinum title on Blu-ray, 'Sleeping Beauty'.

I was really hoping for Nat Treasure and Narnia sooner as I want to buy them. Maybe they will release Treasure 1 and 2 together. Finding Nemo will be a hit Im sure.

Yep. Got that on DVD, might just have to get it on BD as well. Assuming I've actually bought a player by then. :rolleyes:

Yep. Got that on DVD, might just have to get it on BD as well. Assuming I've actually bought a player by then. :rolleyes:

Ive been watching your posts in the war zone, those guys are pretty funny.

I cant wait to see what this weeks numbers are. Ive given up on arguing, the first reaction to impending death is the "denial" phase. ;)

Yes, I'm afraid it's come down to that.

BTW, it's 66:34 again, week and YTD. I'll update the other thread tonight.

Last edited:
Guys, HD-DVD is not going to go away until Universal goes at least nuetral. I don't see that happening until XMAS of 09!

Well I dont think it will take that long Blu-Ray by far is going to be the winner. Anyway I'm thinking about getting me a Blu-Ray player next year. I also saw that Warner Home Video has revealed that they will release the three "Ocean's" movies - 'Ocean's 11', 'Ocean's 12', and 'Ocean's 13' on Blu-ray this fall which will be cool. The driving force who will win is the movie companies most of them are going Blu-Ray which then more of the hardware companies will make more Blu-Ray hardware. Blu-Ray has most of the support and its a better technology hands down so the last hold out will not last long until they half to jump ship.

I doubt it will take that long. Universal can't carry HD DVD alone.

:eureka Maybe we should have a new function on this board, the "betting" function. As in "I'll bet X and I'll donate $$$ to the site if I'm wrong- and you'll bet Y and do the same if you're wrong." I wonder if that can be done, or we'd have to pass the hat to bail Scott out if he tried it.

Ocean's Boxset Coming Soon to Blu-ray

Disney's BD site featuring new BD-JAVA features for CARS!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts