Boondockbill

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 5, 2004
HBO HD
SHO HD
HDNM
UHD

Noticed signal strength is 39% on Sat C. All other HD and SD channels are fine.
Service call not until next week. Anything I can do now? North of L.A.

All I can add is that I am in Phoenix and I am pulling 99-96-96 on my LNBs and that I am not having any viewing troubles.

Boondockbill said:
HBO HD
SHO HD
HDNM
UHD

Noticed signal strength is 39% on Sat C. All other HD and SD channels are fine.
Service call not until next week. Anything I can do now? North of L.A.

I'm very curious what you find as I'm having a similar problem. The channels will be in the 80s - 90s and then suddenly drop to 0 and the back to 80-90s. No problem with the other HD channels...

Woah, I'm having the same problem here. I thought it was related to my new install and a poorly aligned dish... maybe not?

It worked OK yesterday afternoon and then crapped out during the evening and then came back later last night.

Today it worked fine and then again this evening they are out again.

When I check signal levels on Sat C (110) transponder 10 shows 0 signal level. I have ~40 on transponders 8 and 12 but all my other HD programming works fine except those 4 channels mentioned.

Low signal on Sat C

I too found signals in the 30's for the Sat C / HD feeds last night. It has been working fine since I installed the 3lnb dish last year. I have two feeds to different receivers, both exhibit the low signal level on my Zenith 520.

The weather did just turn to intermittent light rain, so it could be related, but rain is not new for my area. Temperature is in the 60's, normal for Texas, so it's not an issue with the cold.

Wayne

Mine did the same thing last Thurs night during periods of heavy rain here in the Monterey Bay. That was the first time I'd ever had breakup due to weather. HD channels only. They came back fine after storm passed. I'd suspect the weather might be doing the same down south in LA and AZ.

Covebum said:
Mine did the same thing last Thurs night during periods of heavy rain here in the Monterey Bay. That was the first time I'd ever had breakup due to weather. HD channels only. They came back fine after storm passed. I'd suspect the weather might be doing the same down south in LA and AZ.
I dunno. Seems like a lot of "first time this" "first time that" stuff in this thread. Seems kind of coincidental, no?

I already had oval dish but did not have SatC lnb. I bought the receiver and SatC lnb from my brother, it all worked fine over there. I thought that maybe it was the multiswitch built in to the dish (still do) which is why I am curious to find out what the problem was. My brother had no problem with any of it (witnessed that myself) but I didn't buy his dish, just SatC lnb.

Uh? Phoenix, Az here and signals are all good even through the weather. I would be looking at your instals or maybe a hardware malfunction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)