4 Rooms, 2 HR24's, and ethernet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joesbar

Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
SC
It's been almost a month since I resigned with Directv and they seem to be getting me right. We had all 4 receivers talking, and MRV was working fine. Well, then I wanted to rent something on VOD, plugged in the ethernet cable, well it's been down hill every since. Found out I needed another deca (broadband supposedly). This is how I'm currently setup. The two receivers on the right side of the splitter are both HR24's. The items in the red box are what the guy brought out yesterday. We had it mostly working, except we kept loosing the Multiroom whenever we'd start doing VOD. After following some of the diagrams on here, I removed everything and now I'm back to this setup.
Sorry for the Paint drawing, all I had installed at the moment. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Existing.jpg

Ok, rewired it during lunch, it's working now like it was last night. Still, no mrv from that receiver while it's downloading a vod. I unplugged the power inserter (black box) and left it unplugged for a few minutes (light went off). Still no luck.

Existing2.jpg

Should work. The receiver you had ethernet plugged into, has MRV worked on that one at all since you unplugged the ethernet cable and went with the broadband deca?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)