40.0 remote address change

mnevar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
We're having issues with our remote working consistently. The hopper it's paired with is in a different room. The remote works intermittently and with a noticeable delay. We can deal with the delay if we know the key presses will always take, but the combination makes things very frustrating. I'm trying to see if changing the address will help, but I can't find instructions on how to do it.

Thanks

The hopper remote uses the same technology as the 922. Each remote has a unique MAC address that cannot be changed. If you experience delay with the remote replace batteries and unplug all hopper/joeys for 10 sec then test. If that doesn't work i would investigate possible signal interference (microwave, wifi...etc)

Thanks for the suggestions. Still no luck. I'll try shutting down the routers/access-points to see if that does anything. It's been like this since it was installed. The installer mentioned it was acting strange, but convinced himself that it was working properly from 15' away. That's not the case in our usage.

There is a button sequence that will put the remote in a mode that tells you the signal strength via tones and lights. I can't remember the details, but you can probably find them if you search this forum. I'm fairly certain it's in the 2.4GHz band like wifi and microwaves. So interference is a possibility, as mentioned earlier. My 40.0 remotes and 32.0 remotes worked fine from 30'-40' through a couple of floors and walls, but beyond that, it got weak. Extending the antenna with a piece of coax may help as well, but the connector is unusual.

There is a button sequence that will put the remote in a mode that tells you the signal strength via tones and lights. I can't remember the details, but you can probably find them if you search this forum. I'm fairly certain it's in the 2.4GHz band like wifi and microwaves. So interference is a possibility, as mentioned earlier. My 40.0 remotes and 32.0 remotes worked fine from 30'-40' through a couple of floors and walls, but beyond that, it got weak. Extending the antenna with a piece of coax may help as well, but the connector is unusual.
Thanks. Found it.

rglore said:
To test remote connection signal, press and hold sat button until all top buttons light up, then press and hold input button until sat button lights up. Now the remote will indicate signal strength with lights and tone so you can experiment with moving the Joey or remote around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)