40.0 remote aux discrete on off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MizInIA

Original poster
May 16, 2013
Des Moines, IA
I upgraded from a 722 and 2 211s to a Hopper w/ Sling and 2 Joeys yesterday and love it so far. I just have one problem. I can not get the remote to turn my Yamaha receiver on. I can turn it off, control volume and even change my inputs. The receiver has discrete on off even on the factory remote.

The Dish remote I had for my 722 would turn the receiver on and off with the large power button after I pressed the aux button. I remember having to set discrete mode on the 722 remote. Is there a way to set the Hopper remote to do the on and off with the power button?

I have this same problem with my Denon receiver. I haven't bothered to troubleshoot it since I primarily use a Harmony.

It's a learning remote teach a button the on command.

I am aware of the fact that it is a learning remote. If I wanted a random mislabeled button to be my power on I would have done it without going to the effort of registering to the SateliteGuys forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)