40.0 shortcuts...only work with UHF and not IR?

cb_punk81

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 28, 2011
Kansas
As per the title of the thread, cannot get shortcut buttons(red/blue/yellow/green) functionality using IR "smart" universal remotes. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this, and if you have, have you found a way around it? Thanks in advance.

I used the IR remote from a 722k to program the color buttons on three universal remotes with learning capability. The color buttons on all three remotes work correctly.

caam1 said:
I used the IR remote from a 722k to program the color buttons on three universal remotes with learning capability. The color buttons on all three remotes work correctly.

Thanks

The harmony database has the color buttons programmed in for 922 and H/J. And, if you use a 650/700, you have hard color buttons, not just the touchscreen ones on the more expensive models.

Thank you for that, I just ordered the 700 to replace my 659...

As per the title of the thread, cannot get shortcut buttons(red/blue/yellow/green) functionality using IR "smart" universal remotes. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this, and if you have, have you found a way around it? Thanks in advance.
For what it's worth, RemoteCentral.com is a great resource for such issues. Here's a link to Pronto-format IR codes for Dish receivers including the colored buttons:

RC: DISH Network 922 - Red/Green/Yellow/Blue

Many universal remote programming apps can import Pronto hex codes.

All (most) Dish receivers use the same IR codes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts