40.5w and "The List"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
I´ve been thinking of taking a shot at 40.5w with my 5 foot minibud which is currently parked at 91w.

Do you think I could get a fair amount of tps with this setup. I have gotten most tps from 91, 99, 113 and 116, but 40.5w shows a lower eirp for my location than the other birds. Plus I read somewhere that circular tps are weaker or harder to get. Is this true?

Another question. "The List" here shows H and V tps for this bird which are different from what lyngsat shows which are all R and L. So are all 4 polarizations present? If so I would rather read the info from here than from the other site. I know it must be a lot of work, but has some mod here had the chance to update? Thanks.

Another question. "The List" here shows H and V tps for this bird which are different from what lyngsat shows which are all R and L. So are all 4 polarizations present? If so I would rather read the info from here than from the other site. I know it must be a lot of work, but has some mod here had the chance to update? Thanks.

The satellite is circular polarity so technically the polarity is R or L. But since FTA receivers only read H & V the way I remember it is "RV"
Right polarity=Vertical
Left polarity=Horizontal

The ones posted there on thelist are what I got here in Minneapolis with a partial line of site issue (trees). Those trees have budded out so I cant view it now

But since FTA receivers only read H & V the way I remember it is "RV"
Right polarity=Vertical
Left polarity=Horizontal

Did I get this right? So then my pansat IS able to get the circulars only they would scan as V and H? Or my pansat won´t read them at all.

I would like to be sure cause even though I do have a clear LOS (I´m able to get 30w on a 30") I´m not sure if the mast on my 5 footer will allow me to aim it so low since my 30" is aiming to the ground for 30w.

sorry to mention but in my case most of the R are Horizontal and L are vertical. if you place the piece of plastic (dielectric) in a horizontal position if you have the LNB facing down with the square box part facing down. I have tried with the dielectrac piece in the vertical position and the result aren't the best. This is just in my case!! You may try both to see the best results for you

sorry to mention but in my case most of the R are Horizontal and L are vertical. if you place the piece of plastic (dielectric) in a horizontal position if you have the LNB facing down with the square box part facing down. I have tried with the dielectrac piece in the vertical position and the result aren't the best. This is just in my case!! You may try both to see the best results for you
The correct position for the plate is at a 45 degree angle between H and V...

At your due South satellite that is correct. When looking down the feed throat at the probes the dielectric plate is positioned halfway between the horizontal and vertical probes.

Thanks! Followed your instructions and it seems 43ºw is my furthest east sat. No luck on 40.5ºw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts