40" HDTV deal good or bad?

GaryPen said:
I've seen the Panasonic CT-34WX54 for around a grand, as well as Philips, Samsung, and LG/Zenith. Granted, none of them are Sony, but even the new Sony 30" direct-view is like $900.
But, if someone is putting together a home theater, and has the space, I still recommend a front projector. Biggest bang for the buck. (I use both a 30" direct-view, and 100" FP.

I've got that new Sony 30" direct-view. VERY NICE!!

i have the hdtv in box deal with the 40 inch. it doesn't support 720p. that's the only thing i have against this tv. the tv looks great. i also have a 61 inch hitachi that cost lots more and the pq isn't noticably different. i have had the 40in rca since march and no problems. i have owned many rca tv's and never had problems with them. but now you can go to wal mart or best buy and get a 50 or 52 inch for about the same price(withing 100 or 200 dollars). the upside for me buying the 40 inch over the 34 in dirct view. wieght. that's right, the 40 inch only weighs 128 lbs versus the 220lb 34 inch. i hav heard lots of people complain abiut the tv in this deal.for 1000$ you do get a lot for what you're paying.

you can purchase a extended warranty for the tv after the dish warranty expires. i have this in writng with my 40 in hdtv in a box deal. i have also called rca and they confirmed this

Dish TV

If your looking at Sears, also look at the Hitachi 46 in. I know Toshiba's are
good, I bought the Hitachi and it's a really fine TV. I've been nothing but
pleased with this TV, bright screen, very good picture, excellent color, SD pictures, good except local channels,HD picture excellent,DVD's also excellent, and I looked long and hard at the $999 special, just never felt comfortable with RCA, because of the very poor record of getting it serviced, but in my opinion the 34 inch would be the better of the two. I got the Hitachi (F46500) for 1319.00 with a price match. pretty easy on the budget. Either of the TV's the Toshiba or Hitachi-(does have 1 DVI, 2 component), should be a good choice. PS if you don't have to run a long cord for the DVI don't waste your budget on a Monster cable, I tried Monster, Phillips, then finally bought a Seren off of E-bay, ($12.00-$6.00 shipping), looks just the same! Only if you had to run long cable lengths would a Monster be needed (Oops getting off the the thread). Good Luck

I would NEVER touch and RCA TV again (after having 3 that were utter crap over past 6 years). We had this debate last year (or much earlier this year) on this whole thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts