411 HDMI/DVI-D question

Well I'm watching the rose parade in the rain on Discovery HD this morning and I can tell you that the dvi-d to hdmi connector is the much better picture.

The horses seem to be enjoying the cloudburst.

Tim

SatinKzo said:
glad to hear you got it working. I too don't think it had anything to do with your tv connector. Most tv's I have seen have a dvi-i connector for compatibility only so all the cables out there will fit. I used a dvi-d cable with my TV and my 811 and it also worked just fine on my 921 which did have a dvi-i port (but I think only for compatibility with cables, I could be wrong, but it had nothing to do with my tv picture off the 921 as I only had a dvi-d cable)

Also, I would be willing to say there is no HDMI to DVI-I cable cause HDMI is digital only. Doing a quick search I find absolutly no HDMI-DVI-I cables. Maybe there are some specialty ones out there, but I can't find them. I also don't see why they would be useful.

As for the 942, I believe it had HDMI. I can't get the PDF to load off the dish website though.

Brett, I see we visit the same site.

My bad I totally forgot that the 942 has a HDMI connection:confused: :confused:
Your right it didn't have anything to do with the DVI-I connector on the back of the tv instead of it being DVI-D. They only use the DVI-I connector on the back for compatibility. If they didn't and they only used a DVI-D connection then if someone only had a DVI-I cable then it wouldn't work because the 4 prongs that are used for the analog signal would be in the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)