4DTV and actuators

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LocutusOfBorg

Free speech is more important than your feelings
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 2, 2009
USA
Can 1 4DTV (922) power 2 BUD actuators (in other words, 2 antennas simultaneously)? I have an older GI 2770 that I could use to power one of the antennas. Can a 922 and 2770 be synced together to point at the same sat? I think the remotes for these can be used for either receiver so remote control wouldn't be much help. I suppose there are other options. It would be nice to be able to point to different birds (in a motorized environment).

The problem that be the stored positions would only allow one receiver to each actuator. If you disconnected the receiver and move the dish elsewhere with a second box, the first box would then move the dish to the wrong position when reconnected.

Attempting to drive 2 actuators at the same time would probably exceed the power output capacity of the receiver.

The problem that be the stored positions would only allow one receiver to each actuator. If you disconnected the receiver and move the dish elsewhere with a second box, the first box would then move the dish to the wrong position when reconnected.

Attempting to drive 2 actuators at the same time would probably exceed the power output capacity of the receiver.

And if it didn't overload the receiver, it would slow them down a great deal.
Also, unless the actuators are identical the pulse counts would be different therefore the positioning would not line up. You would have to take the pulse from only one of the actuators. So even if they were identical, if one were worn more than the other or one was driving a heavier dish etc. they would only be running as long as the dish that you are taking pulses from therefore one dish would inevitably be ahead or behind the other one.
If you ever did manage to get it to sync up it probably wouldn't stay synced for very long. IMO the whole idea of more than one dish is to have different things on each one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)