4DTV battery died... Not sure if I should get new 4DTV or just get an AZBox

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Davage

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 26, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
A couple years ago I bought a model 920 4DTV receiver off of ebay. I was told that the battery had been replaced "a year ago". That would have made the battery 3 years old when it died last night. I'm thinking that the battery was NOT replaced.

I'm sitting here this morning, looking at fleabay for a 4DTV unit, and seeing that the receivers are selling in the $200 to $300 range. For that amount of money, I am starting to wonder if I should even bother replacing the 4DTV. I really enjoy watching VH1 Classic, and the kids like Nick Jr. But the money to buy a new 4DTV receiver could be put towards an AZBox too...

Last night I couldn't even get the receiver to tune into any ZK programming. It was late, so I gave up on it. Tonight I'll try to see if I can get anything to come in. I'd like if at all possible to use the dead battery 920 to tune into channels that are in open key mode. Right now all I've got is a big receiver to tune analog and move the BUD for my FTA receivers..

I'm going to go cry in my coffee now..

Have a good day everyone!

As long as you have not unplugged the unit, it should still be good.
Check the Unit ID, is it still valid?
Option, 6, 5 on the remote

Whatever you do do not unplug the unit until you verify that the Unit ID is Bad!!!!

Unit ID is definitely bad..

Here's an update. SatelliteGuys are the BEST! I received a PM from someone offering to give me a working 920 - I just have to pay for shipping. I will definitely be accepting the offer (and will toss in a few extra dollars too.) I'll be changing the battery out as soon as I get it too..

Here's an update. SatelliteGuys are the BEST! I received a PM from someone offering to give me a working 920 - I just have to pay for shipping. I will definitely be accepting the offer (and will toss in a few extra dollars too.) I'll be changing the battery out as soon as I get it too..

very cool :)

and you're right...we are the best ;)

i would go with the az box or other HD fta receiver. You can get a dsr-410 receiver from skyvision for 129.00 i think. most everything you want to see on 4dtv is on w5.

both boxes would be sweetest. a new az box and a dsr 410

:up
:up :deal:

get an azbox, no brainer!

- more video/audio formats supported than any other stand-alone receiver know of. Only a PC tuner card with proper software/codecs can compare to the azbox in signal tuning/viewing capability.
- many more signals available to watch (both full and part time) in DVB-S/DVB-S2 than what you can find on a 4dtv DC2 system
- 4DTV-receivable programming is slowly but surely going away in favor of the newer technology which a 4dtv cannot get. Three (formerly receivable on a 4dtv) services alone converting or completing a conversion just this month alone!
- 4dtv programming price increases making other forms of program delivery more attractive/economical.

The Azbox is great for the free signals of all the new formats. Unfortunately the Azbox will not decode subscription programing. Some of us like certain subscription channels, the only option on the big dish for the most channels is the 4DTV.

You could also subscribe to the pizza pie companies and receive highly over compressed pictures. This comes with high monthly rates and two year contracts.

You need both receivers to have the best of both worlds :)

DN WILL offer month-to-month programming without a 2 year lease if you use & install your own equipment. After bad experience with "pro" installs, I did it myself using a receiver that was given to me & used lnbs & a Dish 500 that was bought on ebay for peanuts.

Really?
I have an old Dp 311 but it's not working properly anymore.
And I have a 1.2 meter Channel master dish.
This is the dish I used to pick up Dishnet when I lived in the Neth.Antilles(north of Venezela.)
But the Lnb died also but that's good to know if they really do that because they asked me for a deposit because I had an old debt for an old ca ahomeless guy totaled years ago and because of that they didn't want to sign a contract with me because of my credit and they say I'll need a $400 deposit in order to sign the contract.
I got so mad at them but them My sis gave me her C band dish so I subscribed to 4dtv instead.
But if they will offer a month to month programming with your own equipment I have to check because with my 1.2.meter dish HERE I will get SIGNALS SO STRONG that Ill probably gonna be the only Dish subscriber to get Dishnet without rainfade.
But then how do Iget my hand on a used HD receiver.
Because it's not worth it for me to go dishnetwith SD.
I want the HD one that sends channels to 2 different tv;s,have a harddrive for recording,and have 2 remotes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)