4DTV CALL Names - need help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

radicalbill

Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
I am trying to find the correct CALL names to reprogram a 920 after a full reset.

I get conflicting CALL's .

The sats I can not figure out are:

Satmex 5 116.8 ( Used to be M5 )

Satmex 6 113.0 ( I think this is M6, but not sure )

Anik F-2 111.1 ( shows this as A2 or F2 depending on where you look on their site )

Anik F-1 107.3 (Same problem as Anik F-2, shows it as E2 or F1 )

and Galaxy 28 89.0 ( Used to be T4 )

in addition, these sats have no CALL names:

Horizons-2 74.0

AMC-16 85.0

Galaxy-27 129.0

Can anyone using a 4DTV receiver verify the correct CALL names for each of these sats ?

I don't want to mess up the re-mapping by programming the wrong CALL name into the receiver.

Thanks for the help

Bill

I am trying to find the correct CALL names to reprogram a 920 after a full reset.

I get conflicting CALL's .

The sats I can not figure out are:

Satmex 5 116.8 ( Used to be M5 ) Still is.

Satmex 6 113.0 ( I think this is M6, but not sure ) Yes, M6

Anik F-2 111.1 ( shows this as A2 or F2 depending on where you look on their site ) F2

Anik F-1 107.3 (Same problem as Anik F-2, shows it as E2 or F1 ) F1

and Galaxy 28 89.0 ( Used to be T4 ) T4

in addition, these sats have no CALL names:

Horizons-2 74.0 Not assigned, use one of the extra Ku tiles

AMC-16 85.0 There's nothing on that bird but you could assign one of the extra Ku tiles

Galaxy-27 129.0 Not assigned, use one of the extra Ku tiles

Can anyone using a 4DTV receiver verify the correct CALL names for each of these sats ?

I don't want to mess up the re-mapping by programming the wrong CALL name into the receiver.

Thanks for the help

Bill

Hope this helps.

I don't worry about the satellites that I would never use. Unless you have a specific channel you needed on each orbital position, I think it's easier to only program in what you need.

I do the same with the dish limits. For me there's no need to program the arc to the physical limits of the dish. For example, AMC 3 at 87°W is my east limit. That's as far as I need to go for what I watch.

JeepGuy , Anik F1 & F2

Skyvision said that Anik F1 is E2 and Anik F2 is A2, but I don't know if they know what they are talking about.

Is your 4DTV receiver mapped in correctly using F1 and F2 instead of E2 and A2 ?

Thanks

Bill

Sorry, you were right

Skyvision said not to use A2 or E2 as it will cause a download of Star Choice and destroy the receiver.

You were correct F1 and F2 are the correct names.

Thanks

Bill

Skyvision said that Anik F1 is E2 and Anik F2 is A2, but I don't know if they know what they are talking about.

Is your 4DTV receiver mapped in correctly using F1 and F2 instead of E2 and A2 ?

Thanks

Bill

I didn't keep the Canadian satellites mapped. I mapped 'em, checked 'em out and then deleted 'em. There's nothing on there that interests me.

Skyvision said not to use A2 or E2 as it will cause a download of Star Choice and destroy the receiver.

It won't destroy your receiver, but it will sure mess YOU up. I use F1 for F1 of course and E2 for F2. I have never had any problems with E2, had it on Saturday for a analog hockey game. IF YOU USE A2 IT WILL FREEZE UP THE RECEIVER PLUS CAUSE F1 TO BE DROPPED FROM THE SATELLITE LIST. According to Motorola the only way to cure this problem is to go to G15(G1) TP 3, adjust it until the green DC light comes on. Unplug the receiver for about a minute (I do 2 minutes), plug the unit back on and wait for about 30 minutes, DO NOT TOUCH IT. This will clear the reciever and re map F1 in to the satellite list. If you are using FTA, even though F1 and E2 say they are C Band, you can go either one and scan Ku signals with your FTA receiver. At least I can. If there is something in analog Ku you want to see, just move one of the other Ku tiles to the deisred location. Hope this helps. ;)

Is your 4DTV receiver mapped in correctly using F1 and F2 instead of E2 and A2?

Bill,
I've had my 922 for for 5 years now, and I have never seen a tile fo F2. If there was I sure would be using it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)