4K Events Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Watched a bit of the Astros/Yankees on 540-1. The picture had too many mosquitos, terrible for 4k.

I watched some 4K on You-Tube the other day, it was excellent - the baseball game on 540-1 was a C-, not much better than HD.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm gonna take back what I said about the picture. I was watching the camera from upper right field during breaks, it is bad, but the camera shots during the game are pretty good.

Reactions: charlesrshell
And then I reread the original post and see that I must not have been awake when I answered it. Somehow I read Joey 3s as the replacement and that was wrong. You can have 2 H3s however. You can’t have more than that because the hybrid technology won’t allow it.
I think the main point is that replacing the 4K Joey with a Hopper 3 will not work in every situation. Some people use 4K Joeys with a different model of Hopper (such as the Hopper Duo for example) to save on the monthly DVR fee. (And before someone points out that Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 have the same monthly DVR fee as Hopper 3, let's remember that many users of those older models are still grandfathered at the old rate, and may not want to upgrade to Hopper 3 and raise their bills.) For that matter, what about subscribers who have more than one 4K Joey? As Bobby said, putting more than two Hopper 3's in the same installation is not going to work, unless the customer is willing to use a second dish to accommodate the additional Hopper 3(s). So, replacing one 4K Joey with a second Hopper 3 may be a solution for some people, but there will still be a use for additional 4K Joeys. The real solution of course would be for Dish to come out with a 4K HDR compatible Joey to replace the existing 4K Joeys. I am still waiting for Dish to come out with a 4K Wally, though. (It wouldn't even have to be HDR, although that would be nice. Any 4K on a Wally system would be an improvement.)

I think the main point is that replacing the 4K Joey with a Hopper 3 will not work in every situation. Some people use 4K Joeys with a different model of Hopper (such as the Hopper Duo for example) to save on the monthly DVR fee. (And before someone points out that Hopper 1 and Hopper 2 have the same monthly DVR fee as Hopper 3, let's remember that many users of those older models are still grandfathered at the old rate, and may not want to upgrade to Hopper 3 and raise their bills.) For that matter, what about subscribers who have more than one 4K Joey? As Bobby said, putting more than two Hopper 3's in the same installation is not going to work, unless the customer is willing to use a second dish to accommodate the additional Hopper 3(s). So, replacing one 4K Joey with a second Hopper 3 may be a solution for some people, but there will still be a use for additional 4K Joeys. The real solution of course would be for Dish to come out with a 4K HDR compatible Joey to replace the existing 4K Joeys. I am still waiting for Dish to come out with a 4K Wally, though. (It wouldn't even have to be HDR, although that would be nice. Any 4K on a Wally system would be an improvement.)
I think any new receiver should have HDR capabilities 4K or not. ATSC 3 will have possibilities for HLG which can have HD with HDR. It is supposed to be the new standard for future OTA TV...

It was Absolutely Terrible (Huskers Performance) 4K was sub-par as well. I checked all 3 of our 4K TV's, the FS1 HD feed looked better than the 4K feed on all 3.

I posted earlier in this thread a few weeks ago a Husker game on 540 was in HD and not 4k. I noted this weekend the game was not 4k delivered again. The MLB games are being sent to the TV as 4k.

I posted earlier in this thread a few weeks ago a Husker game on 540 was in HD and not 4k. I noted this weekend the game was not 4k delivered again. The MLB games are being sent to the TV as 4k.
I saw both of those football games in 4K on 540...

I just tuned to the 540-01 pace holder screen and it's in 4k. I recorded a few minutes and it plays back in 4k. I'm on EA sats.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am currently watching the Astros and Yankees, on channel 540, I have 4K Joey and new Samsung eight series 4K TV, but when I click on source is saying 1080 not 4K

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am currently watching the Astros and Yankees, on channel 540, I have 4K Joey and new Samsung eight series 4K TV, but when I click on source is saying 1080 not 4K

I am seeing 4K from my Hopper 3. You might try an unplug power reboot on your 4K Joey.

I am new to 4K TVs, should it say HDR?

I think Samsung lists HDR as UHD Color.

The pic is not to show pq, just the image resolution. It's my smudgy phone camera!
20191017_200543.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: dtv757
I'm still having to go into the settings on my Sony x900E and having to set the Color Space to BT.2020 manually to get proper color on the 4K channel for this baseball game. I wonder why it's not detecting automatically. If I don't change the color space, then everything looks dull and gray. This has been a problem going back to last year.