4K Events Discussion Thread

thanks ... sorry no NFL in 4K :( .... you would think with the new agreement (with fox) it would include 4k ... also odd that the online guide has that time slot
It could be that the time slot was set aside just in case Dish got the 4K feed in time. It usually takes awhile for these new contracts to go into full effect, so I would not give up hope just yet. Whenever channels get pulled, and then the dispute is resolved, the immediate effect tends to be just to reverse the take-down, and put everything back the way it was before the dispute. Then, the changes made by the new contract get phased-in later. In the past, with other disputes, we have seen new HD feeds get added, and channels change packages, months after the contract was signed. (That type of scenario would be too late for this NFL season, so hopefully they are moving a little faster than that.) I remember reading some people complaining that some of the Fox channels that were pulled from Dish, that were never on Sling, did not get added to Sling by this new contract, either. Since the contract was just recently signed, it may not have gone into full effect yet, so I would not give up hope on those channels being added to Sling, either.

Also, this would not be the first time that the Dish guide has provided listings for games that were not actually being carried. It was mentioned that the games on the missing RSN's were still being listed in Dish's online Game Finder awhile back. Immediately before the Fox dispute started, the actual guide listings for the Fox Sports RSN's (no longer owned by Fox) returned briefly to the channels in the guide on our Dish receivers, even though the channels themselves never actually returned.

I just activated the FOX Sports app in my 4K Firestick. In the TV schedule I have the Giants at Patriots NFL game on at 7PM CST in 4K UHD. I added it to my Watchlist. I hope it is in HDR too.
I am sad to say that there is nothing in my Watchlist this morning. I don't know what happened. I am new to this here Firestick stuff so maybe it is there someplace but I can't find it. So I wonder how the game went last nite if it was in 4K or not!

I am sad to say that there is nothing in my Watchlist this morning. I don't know what happened. I am new to this here Firestick stuff so maybe it is there someplace but I can't find it. So I wonder how the game went last nite if it was in 4K or not!

Upscaled 1080p to 4K. It did look really good on my 4K Fire Stick, definitely better than the OTA and Cox feeds in 720p. I switched back and forth a few times before turning it off at the start of the 4th qtr.

Reactions: charlesrshell
is FOX- MLB ALCS showing up in the Dish guide? This event shows published on Altice and Fubo so i do not believe its exclusive to 1 provider

MLB Playoff games, Astros and Yankees will be televised in 4K on channel 540-01 on Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Today’s game will not be available on DISH in 4K. You can, however, use a streaming device to see it in 4K using your DISH credential on the Fox Sports app.

Chart updated , thanks all

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Attachments

• October 2019-6.pdf
    259.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
I'm not sure about dish , but reports from other providers did Indicate HDR for that game

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Because DISH doesn't seem to be able to split the signal, HDR or not, on one channel they would need to put the game up on both 540-01 and 540-02. We found out during the Olympics that those whose 4K TVs weren't HDR compatible were unable to watch the Olympics in 4K at all because it was only up in HDR.