4K Events Discussion Thread

RSN's wouldn't have any effect on it, since they are FOX broadcasts.

That said, I don't think it was ever confirmed that Dish would get the 4K NFL broadcasts, regardless of the dispute, was it?
You are right with both points. DISH had a contract for college football games in 4K but there was never an announcement that they would carry NFL in 4K. We speculated that it could happen earlier but then the outage began directly in front of the first game. I seem to remember seeing that game listed as 4K on the Fox Sports app guide but then it went away. As of this moment that game does not show as 4K in that guide.

Updated chart, please let me know any edits or changes for Dish

Thanks !

Attachments

• October 2019-2.pdf
    265.9 KB · Views: 146
The ALCS games are not in the guide at this point. Note that the game 1 of ALCS is on in the same timeframe as the college football game.

Reactions: dtv757
As of this morning the NFL game tonight is listed in 4K in the Fox Sports app. This is true on my AppleTV 4K, Roku Ultra, and Fire Stick 4K. They are all using my Dish credential. I still see nothing in the Dish guide that shows this game in 4K. So, if you have a 4K device that can get the Fox Sports app you have a way to watch the game in 4K.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have FUBO & their web site says tonights NFL game is in 4K but I do not see a 4K beta channel
on web site its says FOX 4K the guide says NFL Net but no 4K what am i missing? I downloaded app on 4K firestick

I have FUBO & their web site says tonights NFL game is in 4K but I do not see a 4K beta channel
on web site its says FOX 4K the guide says NFL Net but no 4K what am i missing? I downloaded app on 4K firestick
Maybe it is just taking some time to list correctly. I checked the Fox Sports app this morning at 8 AM PDT and it wasn’t showing it in 4K. I checked again at 10:30 and it was there.

Maybe it is just taking some time to list correctly. I checked the Fox Sports app this morning at 8 AM PDT and it wasn’t showing it in 4K. I checked again at 10:30 and it was there.

As of this morning the NFL game tonight is listed in 4K in the Fox Sports app. This is true on my AppleTV 4K, Roku Ultra, and Fire Stick 4K. They are all using my Dish credential. I still see nothing in the Dish guide that shows this game in 4K. So, if you have a 4K device that can get the Fox Sports app you have a way to watch the game in 4K.
I just activated the FOX Sports app in my 4K Firestick. In the TV schedule I have the Giants at Patriots NFL game on at 7PM CST in 4K UHD. I added it to my Watchlist. I hope it is in HDR too.

Thanks for the info, its come up on the fox sports app, Have not been able to see it on FUBO it justs shows the game listed on the NFL Net. The website shows game on Fox 4K but that not listed on the guide.

Thanks for the info, its come up on the fox sports app, Have not been able to see it on FUBO it justs shows the game listed on the NFL Net. The website shows game on Fox 4K but that not listed on the guide.
Welcome. When I set the Watchlist in my Firestick in the schedule it had the little 4K UHD logo in the upper left hand guide. Time will tell on what I get. Will check in the morning unless the wife lets me tonite.

I just activated the FOX Sports app in my 4K Firestick. In the TV schedule I have the Giants at Patriots NFL game on at 7PM CST in 4K UHD. I added it to my Watchlist. I hope it is in HDR too.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on HDR. I’ve been following a thread over on AVS and it seems that the app has not had HDR to this point. It is supposed to according to earlier publications so we’ll see.