4K Events Discussion Thread

Disney has the $ not sure why they haven't done 4k yet

I know a while ago they claimed they were losing $ but now they have espn+

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Disney has the $ not sure why they haven't done 4k yet

I know a while ago they claimed they were losing $ but now they have espn+

Have you seen how much they’ve been spending on the theme parks lately? The Pirates ride in Shanghai is reported to have cost $1B to build alone. Plus they’ve contracted for three new cruise ships. So maybe the bean counters feel spending dollars on 4K at this time is not the best use for their dollars.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: TheKrell
Well it doesn't have to just be FOX though giving 4K content.. why can't ESPN do the same thing when they have been doing games with 4K equipment for a while now.
Come to think of it, I am not exactly sure how that whole Disney / Fox merger played out. Does ESPN own FS1 now, or did that stay with the portion of Fox that was not bought by Disney?

Is there any particular hopper to get to receive 4K and be able to sling?
It is true! The Hopper 3 has the ability to support 4K content which can be found on channel 540, and it does have the Sling technology built-in so all you would need is an internet connection to be able to view your live TV and manage recordings through DISH Anywhere.

For secondary TVs, we also do offer the 4K Joey so that two Hopper 3 receivers won't be needed.

IIRC you don't even need one H3 if you have a 4K Joey... An H2K or HwS would suffice, but obviously not support 4K at the Hopper itself.
I thought about mentioning the 4K Joey as an alternative to needing a Hopper 3 (and by the way, a Hopper Duo would also work with a 4K Joey) but a Hopper 3 by itself would be cheaper than any of those other options, if TV service is only needed at one TV.

Reactions: TheKrell
fuboTV has listings for upcoming FOX Sports events in 4K. Not confirmed if Dish will carry them but they have carried FS1/FOX events in the past so I'd assume it's likely Dish will again this fall: What events are coming up in 4K/HDR on fuboTV?

Kind of odd to see FS1 events getting the 4K treatment over similar FOX events like the ALCS being in 4K but not the World Series (at this time) or FS1 college football games instead of the "better" games each week that are on FOX (which happened last season as well). Does anyone know why FS1 is getting 4K broadcasts first?

fuboTV has listings for upcoming FOX Sports events in 4K. Not confirmed if Dish will carry them but they have carried FS1/FOX events in the past so I'd assume it's likely Dish will again this fall: What events are coming up in 4K/HDR on fuboTV?

Kind of odd to see FS1 events getting the 4K treatment over similar FOX events like the ALCS being in 4K but not the World Series (at this time) or FS1 college football games instead of the "better" games each week that are on FOX (which happened last season as well). Does anyone know why FS1 is getting 4K broadcasts first?
There have been some sports events that were televised on the main Fox station that had a 4K feed at the same time on FS1. It happened several times with the Women's World Cup series including the final. Remember that Fox is an over the air station that is not capable of transmitting 4K at this time. They have only one way to present both a HD and 4K transmission and that is to show the HD on FOX and the 4K on FS1...

Reactions: pattykay

The "big game" (super bowl/ world series ) will NOT be 4k due to local advertising $$ etc. Stations wouldnt want people watching the national feed and locals not able to get there ratings ... (that's my understanding )

Dish has agreement with fox sports so theh should have same fox sports events as fubo and others

This is NFLs first year with 4K only Thursday games are 4k

Too much local "red tape" to do Sunday games

Iowa game is not 4k/UHD on 540. 4k Joey is only delivering HD 1920x1080/60i UHD color.

My same equipment and settings has delivered UHD in the past, but not tonight on this game.

FS1 is UHD/4k tonight, as I'm getting it via another 4k receiver.

What's up, Dish?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Hi Bobby,

I was wondering if there’s a new 4K event listings scheduled for September?

Thanks in advance!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

We don't get monthly schedules. I post what I see in the guide in the non discussion thread. There is a thread over on AVS that lists monthly schedules for different providers as they are provided. DISH doesn't usually provide anything until they put it up in the guide and they don't go out over a week.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-h...k-live-sports-events-updated-8-27-2019-a.html

Iowa game is not 4k/UHD on 540. 4k Joey is only delivering HD 1920x1080/60i UHD color.

My same equipment and settings has delivered UHD in the past, but not tonight on this game.

FS1 is UHD/4k tonight, as I'm getting it via another 4k receiver.

What's up, Dish?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using the SatelliteGuys app!
I don’t have a 4K Joey but I have occasionally seen my Hopper 3 output 1080i on both Netflix 4K events and on 540. I have corrected that by doing an unplug reboot on the Hopper. I realize it shouldn’t happen but it does.

I don’t have a 4K Joey but I have occasionally seen my Hopper 3 output 1080i on both Netflix 4K events and on 540. I have corrected that by doing an unplug reboot on the Hopper. I realize it shouldn’t happen but it does.
I've seen the same, usually just unplugging/plugging in the HDMI cable fixes the problem. Seems something with the HDMI/HDCP handshake is going wrong and the EDID is identifying the TV as not 4K.

I've seen the same, usually just unplugging/plugging in the HDMI cable fixes the problem. Seems something with the HDMI/HDCP handshake is going wrong and the EDID is identifying the TV as not 4K.

At least he sees something! In my case with my Hisense 4K TV, the TV claims there is no video when the Hopper tries to switch it to 4K. In my case as well, unplugging the HDMI cable fixes it.