4K Events Discussion Thread

I gather the only 4K on Dish is sports. Correct? Maybe a couple movies on demand? No other programming?

Not worth giving up my recording in progress light for.
You don't have to. Just add a 4K Joey to your existing Hopper. (You are using Hopper 2, not Hopper 1, correct?) That would at least get you access to all of the regular 4K, not necessarily HDR, though.

Reactions: navychop
Was there an overflow channel today for the FS1 4k games??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No, at least I didn’t see it. Both games were available, in 4K, via the Fox Sports app. I used my Dish credentials in that app on my Apple TV 4K and was able to see both matches.

Reactions: dtv757
I was hoping the US Open would have been shown in 4K. Directv had it, but Dish only had soccer.
I believe golf 4k events are exclusive to AT&T/DirecTV. Doesn't matter who is broadcasting fox , CBS Etc its exclusive to DirecTV. At the beginning of the 4k broadcast there is some "big wig" from AT&T talking about the exclusive event etc.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Is there any 4k on demand?
I thought superstore was, but don't see it now.
I just got real internet and want to play!

Go to On Demand: Menu (Home, Home), On Demand, 4K Movies and Shows....
Thanks!
Interesting to see younger in there; watching the recorded channel has been CRAP! like 1999 TV crap, fuzzy; washed out, low audio, etc. the 4K blows it away obviously!

Any rumors on CFB this year; who may get 4k coverage? Any streaming 4K CFB out there?

Thanks!
Interesting to see younger in there; watching the recorded channel has been CRAP! like 1999 TV crap, fuzzy; washed out, low audio, etc. the 4K blows it away obviously!

Any rumors on CFB this year; who may get 4k coverage? Any streaming 4K CFB out there?
We had weekly CFB 4K games last season. I'm sure we'll see it again this year. Time will tell.....

Reactions: bryanw20
July updated to include MLS all star game / FS1 Event

Please let me know any updates for DiSH

Attachments

• July 2019 -2.pdf
    234.4 KB · Views: 151
We had weekly CFB 4K games last season. I'm sure we'll see it again this year. Time will tell.....

There is really no excuse why we wouldn't see a bunch more than last year, this year. A full year should yield at least 30+ games IMO and ESPN needs to jump on the wagon here. I'm tired of seeing 8K TV's advertised yet we can't hardly get any 4K content as it is...just blows my mind about how stupid they think the general public is.

There is really no excuse why we wouldn't see a bunch more than last year, this year. A full year should yield at least 30+ games IMO and ESPN needs to jump on the wagon here. I'm tired of seeing 8K TV's advertised yet we can't hardly get any 4K content as it is...just blows my mind about how stupid they think the general public is.
I guess that depends on the outcome of Dish's negotiations with Fox. I am not sure if FS1 is involved in this mess, but it looks like Dish might be preparing for a dispute with the Fox Regional Sports Networks, and Fox owned-and-operated broadcast TV stations, among other channels.

I guess that depends on the outcome of Dish's negotiations with Fox. I am not sure if FS1 is involved in this mess, but it looks like Dish might be preparing for a dispute with the Fox Regional Sports Networks, and Fox owned-and-operated broadcast TV stations, among other channels.

Well it doesn't have to just be FOX though giving 4K content.. why can't ESPN do the same thing when they have been doing games with 4K equipment for a while now.

Reactions: pattykay
Well it doesn't have to just be FOX though giving 4K content.. why can't ESPN do the same thing when they have been doing games with 4K equipment for a while now.

And their studios are 4K as well. (And looks AMAZING) I got to see it a few times when I was there. They are just sitting on the technology!

Reactions: TheKrell