4K Events Discussion Thread

In addition, the Dolby 5.1 mix is totally wrong as well. The announcers are mixed into the the L and R channels and the center channel has no discernible audio.

For whatever reason, Dish downmixes basically all Fox Sports 4K feeds to 2.0.

For whatever reason, Dish downmixes basically all Fox Sports 4K feeds to 2.0.
The Thursday night NFL games are produced by Fox in 2.0. DISH can't do anything about that. I am seeing the same thing on my Roku, AppleTV, and FireStick via streaming.

The Thursday night NFL games are produced by Fox in 2.0. DISH can't do anything about that. I am seeing the same thing on my Roku, AppleTV, and FireStick via streaming.

If Fox is broadcasting the games in stereo, I wonder how Direct TV is getting Dolby 5.1 for their NFL broadcast. Either they are using a separate source or rad is wrong in his post 938.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: pattykay
If Fox is broadcasting the games in stereo, I wonder how Direct TV is getting Dolby 5.1 for their NFL broadcast. Either they are using a separate source or rad is wrong in his post 938.

To be honest I don't know if it was DD5.1 or DD2.0(I didn't look at the AVR's display), all I know is that the channel swap problem that was noted wasn't happening on DIRECTV.

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

The same production trucks are sending perfectly good DD5.1 mixes to Fox affiliates and NFL Network. (Announcers on center channel, crowd noises, field mics, etc.)

There are reports over on AVS that Lachlan Murdoch, CEO of Fox Broadcasting, has said that the 2020 Super Bowl will be streamed in 4K. No news at this point that it will carry over to satellite or cable services. If it streams in 4K for Fox, historically it will be on the Fox Sports 1 stream. If that happens and there is not a satellite broadcast in 4K you will still be able to get the stream, with your DISH credential, via the Fox Sports app using Roku, AppleTV, FireTV, etc. provided you have a reasonably good internet speed. This would be a first. I still remember watching the first Super Bowl game in HD and it was amazing to see.

Here is the 4K chart for Jan, looks like a lot of College Hoops via Fox Sports

As always please let me know any updates for dish !

Happy 4K 2020 all !!

Attachments

• January 2020 -- 123019 2010EST.pdf
    302.2 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: charlesrshell
It would be nice if they included the ESPN 4K productions in it.
Yea that would be nice !!

Speaking of renewals Idk how altice snuck in an agreement for ESPN 4k when fios also renewed with espn (december 18) but they dont have espn 4k ..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It would be nice if they included the ESPN 4K productions in it.

I just came here to see about that - they've been advertising the championship game in 4K but how? They really need to push their channels into 4K since all of their games are done with the cameras already. Can they push 4K thru existing 140 channel for example or would they have to come out with another?
They are selling 8K tv's now even... I don't know why 4K isn't produced more and run thru the providers..its 2020!

They are selling 8K tv's now even... I don't know why 4K isn't produced more and run thru the providers..its 2020!

Because Television Manufactors are not sponsoring the transition from HD to UHD as they did when we went from SD to HD, remember the days when they said ( for example) ESPN-HD sponsored by Sony, manufactors did that to show off HD so they could sell their ( at the time) pretty new TVs.

Manufactors have decided they do not need to do this because there is tons of 4K programing available, just not via Traditional Providers.

Sent from my LML713DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

My guess would be because cable tv providers cannot handle the bandwidth for 4k . Therefore it's not being pushed yet also with "cord cutting " tv providers have seen a massive decline In subscribers.

This year comcast and altice north (optimum) just added 4K events, but before that it was mainly just DirecTV and dish .

To my knowledge, cox , spectrum, altice south(suddenlink) , and others still dont offer 4K.

Again just my guess ....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KaptainRandom
Too bad that Dish will miss the National Championship game in 4k. Are they negotiating with ESPN to get their 4k offerings?

Will ESPN stream the National Championship game in 4K? If so I can use my Dish credentials to watch the game using the ESPN app on my Roku.

Will ESPN stream the National Championship game in 4K? If so I can use my Dish credentials to watch the game using the ESPN app on my Roku.

I haven’t seen anything that says they will stream in 4K.