4K Events Schedule & Discussion

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV no longer publishes a 4K schedule. dtv757 does a great job with a monthly 4K schedule that is posted on this thread if you go to the most recent posts.

These are the networks that are routinely offering live 4K broadcasts:
NBC (EPL)
FOX/FS1/BTN (MLB, NCAA, USFL)
ESPN (NCAA)
NBATV (NBA)
NESN (Select Bruins / Red Sox Home Games)
Altitude (Select Avalanche / Nuggets Home Games)
SportsNet LA (Select Dodgers / Lakers Home Games)
NBC Sports Chicago (Select Blackhawks / Bulls / White Sox Home Games)
DirecTV 4K Events (Golf, Tennis)

This the link to the DirecTV 4K Information page (very limited):

Last edited:
Very disappointing that so far no word on the NFL Super Bowl being in 4k.
Also, the College Football Playoffs appear to NOT be available in 4K

2 MAJOR events that are being missed.

Fox has announced it will be producing the next Super Bowl in 4k. They will be 'streaming' the game according to an interview. No word on whether the game will be delivered in any other way so far.

The other day Fox reported that the Super Bowl will at least be streamed in 4k. Not sure if it’ll be on Directv though.

Not sure if the entire college football playoffs will be in 4k, but ESPN will have the national championship game in 4k. Their broadcasts are native 4k and have looked amazing!

Reactions: whitewolf8214
The other day Fox reported that the Super Bowl will at least be streamed in 4k. Not sure if it’ll be on Directv though.

Not sure if the entire college football playoffs will be in 4k, but ESPN will have the national championship game in 4k. Their broadcasts are native 4k and have looked amazing!
Wouldn't you think they would be talking about it by now if it was ?

You would hope they would be proclaiming it to everyone.

Glad to hear the Super Bowl will be ... hopefully it won't be streaming only.

Reactions: longhorn23
Wouldn't you think they would be talking about it by now if it was ?

You would hope they would be proclaiming it to everyone.

Glad to hear the Super Bowl will be ... hopefully it won't be streaming only.

You would think but even when they announced 4k college football games, it was pretty last minute. And several of their 4k college football games were not announced until a few days before.

Sugar Bowl will be in native 4k on ESPN according to this press release. It was previously announced that the national championship will be in 4k but it’s not in this press release. It says more info about that game will be announced after the bowl games.

Sugar Bowl will be in native 4k on ESPN according to this press release. It was previously announced that the national championship will be in 4k but it’s not in this press release. It says more info about that game will be announced after the bowl games.

Thats good news, maybe they WILL be in 4k after all.

Reactions: longhorn23
Well, I am not home ...
Is the Super Bowl in 4k on D* today on 105 ?

If so, hows it look ?

I went to the D* website to set up a Recording ... but the guide didn't show the game on any of the 4k channels ... said something like Programming unknown.

Well, I am not home ...
Is the Super Bowl in 4k on D* today on 105 ?

If so, hows it look ?

I went to the D* website to set up a Recording ... but the guide didn't show the game on any of the 4k channels ... said something like Programming unknown.
Yea I noticed the guide and the app online doesnt show the 4k channels

But game looks good and fox debuted new tv graphics

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I watched it on 105 last night, picture was pretty good, similar to the Thursday Night games. Can't distinguish it as 4K, not eye-popping so to speak, but definitely cleaner than my local FOX station's feed. I only glanced at the local feed once, and left it on 105 and forgot about it. Enjoyed the game, it was a great one. Halftime was better than I would have expected too.