4K Events Schedule & Discussion

Of late, I'm starting to see Commercials on the Live 4k channels on D* ...
They are showing up on the NFL games at least .... didn't see any when the baseball post season was in 4k.
I'll have to check the College Football over the weekend if I get a chance.

havent posted here in a while , but here is the projected 4k schedule for June

Attachments

• June 2021 05302021 1551EDT.pdf
    139.8 KB · Views: 261
Reactions: Jimbo
I find it interesting that NASCAR is on FS1 in 4k on D* one week, but the next time they are on in 4k they don't show as being available on D* on the same FS1.
D* Does get Fox Sports 4K events, its probably not loaded in the guide yet .
I update the chart frequently . So check back in a few weeks closer to the race.

Note I usually update and post the update on AVS forum
Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

the race is now loaded in the guide ch 107

Attachments

• June 2021 06022021 0310EDT.pdf
    143.7 KB · Views: 238
For anyone interested, the MLB All Star Game and the HR derby will both be on D* in 4k.

Correction, the HR Derby doesn't look like it will be in 4k.

Last edited:
Reactions: dtv757
For anyone interested, the MLB All Star Game and the HR derby will both be on D* in 4k.

Correction, the HR Derby doesn't look like it will be in 4k.
Correct only the all star game (fox sports)

It seems espn only does college events in 4K

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Here is the deal with MOST 4k live events IT IS NOT TRUE 4k most are upscale 1080p, now ESPN 4k looks the best so far in the live events and FOX looks the worst...
I was REALLY Hoping to NOT get into that .... I just wanted people to know about the option to watch ...
I'm not getting into a pissing contest over True 4k vs Upconverted.

My TV does a fabulous job with 4k, so I'm not worried about how well it does or doesn't look.

If you have a Great Processor, your picture will look better True 4k or Not, regardless.

This is where the "You get what you pay for" came in.

Reactions: raoul5788
I was REALLY Hoping to NOT get into that .... I just wanted people to know about the option to watch ...
I'm not getting into a pissing contest over True 4k vs Upconverted.

My TV does a fabulous job with 4k, so I'm not worried about how well it does or doesn't look.

If you have a Great Processor, your picture will look better True 4k or Not, regardless.

This is where the "You get what you pay for" came in.
Which 4K TV do you have? I have a Samsung 75" 8 series and I can tell the difference between upscale and the real 4k.. Just record a ESPN 4k live events, and then record a FOX so call 4k you see the difference.

I also have a 65" 7 series Samsung that doesn't do as well in upscaling so when you go from HD to 4K big difference.

Reactions: longhorn23
Which 4K TV do you have? I have a Samsung 75" 8 series and I can tell the difference between upscale and the real 4k.. Just record a ESPN 4k live events, and then record a FOX so call 4k you see the difference.

I also have a 65" 7 series Samsung that doesn't do as well in upscaling so when you go from HD to 4K big difference.
I didn't say I couldn't tell ...
4k on a TV with a Great processor, is still better than a low level set trying to do 4k.

My equipment is in my signature ...

Haven't posted here in a while, here is Jan so far...

Attachments

• Jan 2022 01132022 1445EST.pdf
    217.6 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Jimbo