4k from BBCA

I'm not sure what your link is addressing, I don't see the tie-in to my question.

My 4k Joey failed to play the second broadcast, just as it failed on the first broadcast. I haven't seen anyone have success yet that had the failures.

I have read that if you start watching it on the H3 you can than successfully watch it on the 4K Joey. I don't have that setup so can't confirm.

Reactions: gpflepsen
I have read that if you start watching it on the H3 you can than successfully watch it on the 4K Joey. I don't have that setup so can't confirm.
That works for me! I started the H3 then Resumed on the 4k Joey and it plays! Thanks.

That works for me! I started the H3 then Resumed on the 4k Joey and it plays! Thanks.
I'll have to try that. Any attempt to watch the recording from my 4K Joey resets my Hopper 3. As I mentioned elsewhere, it takes fewer button presses to reset the Hopper 3 this way that going through the Menu...

On the Thursday repeats of episode 1 (I recorded both showings), I'm noticing occasional flicker, black screens lasting several seconds, and pixelization. Most of them are not signal loss or other problem with the recorded data, because I can skip back and the glitch will not be there. Seems like an issue with overloaded processor or drive access.

And I definitely learned not to attempt watching 4k content while USB archiving is in process, that will result in a lockup followed by having to manually reboot the Hopper.

The "shameless hawking" of other BBCA shows is preferable to the alternative, which is the same ads for dubious products and services which are shown on the main BBCA channel. I am somewhat surprised they aren't mirroring those.

I've got at least 4 bad glitched video spots maybe more in ep.2. They are in the exact spot every time. 2 happen before first commercial.

My remote has a mute button so I have no problem with the "shameless hawking" of other BBCA shows. It's a small price to pay for 4k & the quality of the program. ;):D

HELP,Is any one else having an issue while trying to watch Earth II on their 4K Joey? My setup is a Samsung 4K TV using my Joey. I recorded earth II last weekend on my other Samsung 4K TV and I can watch on my H3 just fine. But when I go upstairs to watch the recording, all I get is a black screen and then no signal using my 4K Joey. Then i need to turn off the joey and restart the joey. I can watch any other DVR recording on my Joey , but not a 4k show on the Joey. Hope this makes since! I was told that to recoed Earth II, I needed to use a Hopper 3. A bigger question, the Joey should work with any 4K program,right???

Seems I remember watching the 4k olympics channel on my J2 and appreciating the higher bandwidth even thought downscaled to 1080.

I recorded the 4k bbca and it will not play on j2. Gives box error message 4k device required.

I did not try to live feed 4k bbca to j2. Will try tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Seems I remember watching the 4k olympics channel on my J2 and appreciating the higher bandwidth even thought downscaled to 1080.

I recorded the 4k bbca and it will not play on j2. Gives box error message 4k device required.

I did not try to live feed 4k bbca to j2. Will try tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!
I watched the 4K Olympics on the 4K channel downscaled to 1080i on my HDTV directly out of the Hopper 3 just fine. I never tried it at a Joey location. I now have a 4K tV at the Hopper location and can watch my Olympic and Planet Earth recordings in 4K fine there. I just tried to see what happened at the Joey locations and you are correct, it says you need a 4K TV to watch it. I think it is because the Joey 2s are not capable of decoding a 4K signal at all while the Hopper can.

I called Dish and talked to tech support. They are aware of this problem with 4k joey and assured me that it should be fixed soon. They said I was not the first to call in about this issue. Just wanted to let anyone know.

I called Dish and talked to tech support. They are aware of this problem with 4k joey and assured me that it should be fixed soon. They said I was not the first to call in about this issue. Just wanted to let anyone know.
When I signed up, they offered me a 4k joey for $50 since my bedroom TV was also a 4k. At this point, I'm glad I declined the offer since it has issues with linear 4k. I don't use netflix or anything, so 4k in those apps mean nothing to me anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts