Question regarding the Auto pay discount

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Is this just a price lock thing or does even the longtime customers receive the discount?

FYI- $5 auto pay discount doesn't apply to the Welcome Pack. Uninformed CSR "Supervisor" offered it to me some months ago, added it, then the back office stripped it off my account with no notice to me whatsoever.

Reactions: pattykay
Is this just a price lock thing or does even the longtime customers receive the discount?

So here's the story... There is a current customer discount. For the packages Top 120+ and above you get $10 off a month for two years, and if you use Auto Pay you get another $5 off for a total of a $15 discount. The package price is frozen for two years, so when the packages went up this year (When you include the locals that are still mandatory but broken out as a separate charge) I am paying $64.99 for the Top 200. For all that described you sign a two year contract.

If you are not aware HBO is available for $10 now as are the other premium channels except Showtime. Also the Movie Pack can be had for $5.

So here's the story... There is a current customer discount. For the packages Top 120+ and above you get $10 off a month for two years, and if you use Auto Pay you get another $5 off for a total of a $15 discount. The package price is frozen for two years, so when the packages went up this year (When you include the locals that are still mandatory but broken out as a separate charge) I am paying $64.99 for the Top 200. For all that described you sign a two year contract.

If you are not aware HBO is available for $10 now as are the other premium channels except Showtime. Also the Movie Pack can be had for $5.

And here's why I asked...

I too am on a two year guarantee. I like Flex but I also need Top 200 during football season for CBS College Sports, ESPNU & ESPNEWS which of course you know Flex lacks.

My Flex breaks down this way -
Basic $30 + Heartland + Regional + National + News only for Shark Tank on CNBC = $66

VS.

Top 200 $65 PRICE LOCK normally $85.

HOWEVER, $5 is $5 and come 2018 if I can get a Autopay discount down to $79.99 by signing a new contract so be it. That'll make me think long and hard about keeping the Top package over Flex.

That's where I stand.

And here's why I asked...

I too am on a two year guarantee. I like Flex but I also need Top 200 during football season for CBS College Sports, ESPNU & ESPNEWS which of course you know Flex lacks.

My Flex breaks down this way -
Basic $30 + Heartland + Regional + National + News only for Shark Tank on CNBC = $66

VS.

Top 200 $65 PRICE LOCK normally $85.

HOWEVER, $5 is $5 and come 2018 if I can get a Autopay discount down to $79.99 by signing a new contract so be it. That'll make me think long and hard about keeping the Top package over Flex.

That's where I stand.
I believe the price now for Top 200 is $69.99 with the $10 discount and $5 autopay. It's $65 for me because I got it before the price increase. (When I got it the price was $79.99 now $84.99) Do you not get any locals? If OTA can you watch Shark Tank for free on ABC? You can watch it for free online including this season. I think there is a week wait to watch the newest episode.
Also do you need either/or the sports packages year round?

I enjoy the Shark Tank marathons on CNBC & I usually only keep the National pack year round but if Dish ever gets Root then I'll have Regional year round as well for the Astros, Rockets, etc. although I'm not gonna hold my breath. I too get the 200 for $65.

Reactions: Tampa8
Right you are, I'm paying $8.00 for Showtime.:wink

That's why I didn't include it their price is offered all over the place. I had it for free as an offer in my account last year, when I dropped it the offer was $6 and I didn't take it. It is listed as $15 but as you have can be had for $8 often.

I chatted with dish network and am upgrading from the original hopper to the hooper 3 on March 10th. I asked if there was a discount for signing up for paperless and or auto pay and was told no, the discount is only for people using flex pack. I have the top 250 package.

Is there a discount for auto pay? I assume by upgrading to the hopper 3, I will be renewing my contract.

Never go by what a DISH phone CSR tells you. Never. When one of their DIRT CSR's here is online much better to ask them.

That said, it is possible DISH is no longer giving the discount but I think they are. Yes you are signing a new two year contract to upgrade and that may be the problem. You may be getting a deal on the upgrade and they won't give the Autopay discount on top of that - or part of the agreement of the upgrade is already to do autopay. Further you should ask about the $10 discount for current subscribers for the Top packages 120+ and above before you sign a new two year deal because once signed you are tied to that. All that should be discussed with a DIRT rep.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
OK, so I guess the question for DIRT is this: Is there any discount or service in return for using AutoPay and please expalin if there are various discounts/deals. As someone who has been a long time subscriber, no longer on contract, and subscribes to core services, should I be receiving any discount or service in return for using AutoPay?

In the bygone days, using AutoPay saved Charlie money, so he put an incentive to use AutoPay by giving us a little something back fo saving him really big $$$ (return envelopes alone were about $700,000 a year over 10 years ago). I suppose those giving back days are over?

Reactions: TheKrell
In the bygone days, using AutoPay saved Charlie money, so he put an incentive to use AutoPay by giving us a little something back fo saving him really big $$$ (return envelopes alone were about $700,000 a year over 10 years ago). I suppose those giving back days are over?

No not at all! I am getting $5 a month off my bill to use autopay as are many here.

Reactions: pattykay
OK, so I guess the question for DIRT is this: Is there any discount or service in return for using AutoPay and please expalin if there are various discounts/deals. As someone who has been a long time subscriber, no longer on contract, and subscribes to core services, should I be receiving any discount or service in return for using AutoPay?

Are you asking that as what the poster should do or what you should do? The poster is upgrading to a Hopper 3 and that may change what is available to him. The upgrade itself may include a deal and is a two year contract and may not allow for other ones. He has to talk to DIRT to figure all that out it isn't something we would know and could be account specific.

If you mean for any current subscriber not in a two year contract, there are hundreds of posts of the deal DISH has been offering including a $10 discount off core packages and the autopay discount which can be combined. There are also some other discounts many can get such as the movie pack 1/2 price deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts