4k Installation?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WTguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
I have had directv for a little over a year. I have a hr54 and 2 c61k's. This week I purchased a 4k tv and would like to check out the 2 free 4k channels offered by directv. I would like to hook it up myself. I have the new tv on one of the c61k's. I read where it needs to be wired, if they mean the rg6 to the SWiM splinter I have that. If they mean something else, what would that be?
From what I have read online it seems I need to just call and have CS to activate the 4k programming?

You have what is needed, give them a call. They used to require a truck roll for any 4K activation, hopefully that isn’t required as you have all that is needed.

If you pull the coax from the C61K's when you get the screen saying no servers found there should be a message saying if your TV supports 4K or doesn't. It might be helpful to know that before calling DIRECTV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)