4K Joey and 4K Channels (Updated)

llokey

llokey

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 11, 2005
I had my Joey updated to 4K today. Everything is fine except that I am only getting two of the 540 channels. I get 540-01 and 540-03 but not 02 and 04. My Hopper 3 gets all four channels. The Joey is connected to a Toshiba Fire TV and the Hopper is connected to a very old Vizio TV (through component connection). I have restarted both the Hopper and the Joey with no luck. According to Amazon's website for the Fire TV - "This TV is HDR-compatible, so you can enjoy HDR movies and TV shows." Yet the Joey doesn't seem to agree. I have also set the input mode to 2.0 with no success. Would appreciate any advice on what am I missing?

Last edited:
Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
You just wasted your $50 4K Joey upgrade fee because the 4K Joey does not do HDR and Dish dropped the non HDR 4K channel about a month ago. I'd call them and demand my money back. Even if they didn't charge you the $50, you still got gypped

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
TheKrell

TheKrell

A mighty and noble race originating on Altair IV.
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 4, 2007
Fairfax, VA
You just wasted your $50 4K Joey upgrade fee because the 4K Joey does not do HDR and Dish dropped the non HDR 4K channel about a month ago. I'd call them and demand my money back. Even if they didn't charge you the $50, you still got gypped
Not to mention that there should be a Joey 4 coming out real soon now. No, I don't know if that's Dish "soon", but it's been awhile since we've known about it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
llokey

llokey

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 11, 2005
Since I'm new to Dish 4K - is it possible that the programming for non-hdr channels was removed in anticipation of the Olympics?

I've been round and round with support and they continue to tell me that the 4K Joey works with 4K HDR even though the website (MyDISH) does not say that it does. This is very frustrating to upgrade to a 4K Joey that does not allow me to watch 4K programming.

dweber

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
Since I'm new to Dish 4K - is it possible that the programming for non-hdr channels was removed in anticipation of the Olympics?

I've been round and round with support and they continue to tell me that the 4K Joey works with 4K HDR even though the website (MyDISH) does not say that it does. This is very frustrating to upgrade to a 4K Joey that does not allow me to watch 4K programming.

Judging from the past you won’t be able to watch the Olympics using a 4K Joey. The Olympics will use HDR and the 4K Joey does not do broadcast HDR. The only exception is that HDR works on Amazon Prime but it does not work on Dish broadcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HipKat

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL

CSR's are historically known to be wrong about most things

T

tsunami2311

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 3, 2017
NJ
Not to mention that there should be a Joey 4 coming out real soon now. No, I don't know if that's Dish "soon", but it's been awhile since we've known about it.
hmm a new joey "4" is it gona do 4k that dont really exists on dish and do with much much less hit then current 4k joey, that thing get hotter then my consoles do too the touch.

I got my 4k joey's years back when I got my hopper 3 in all instance I was refunded the money on spent on the upgrades, so i spent nothing