4k Joey Problems After Exiting Netflix

todd_l

Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Minnesota
I've been running in problems with both of my 4k Joeys hanging or freezing after I exit Netflix, and immediately go in my DVR recordings. The joey will either get hung up in trying to load a DVR recording, and at times the joey will completely freeze causing me to reboot. After rebooting the joey everything is fine.

I've recently received a new Hopper, so I know it's not a Hopper issue. Also, I did a factory reset on the Netflix app. It seemed like that fixed the problem for about a week, but now the problem has returned (may have been a coincidence that the problem didn't happen for that week).

Anyone else experience this? Is it that I'm moving too fast from Netflix into DVR, and need to give it a moment to catch up after exiting Netflix and moving into DVR recordings?

It happens on both of my Joeys, so I'm confident that it's not a hardware problem.

I've been running in problems with both of my 4k Joeys hanging or freezing after I exit Netflix, and immediately go in my DVR recordings. The joey will either get hung up in trying to load a DVR recording, and at times the joey will completely freeze causing me to reboot. After rebooting the joey everything is fine.

I've recently received a new Hopper, so I know it's not a Hopper issue. Also, I did a factory reset on the Netflix app. It seemed like that fixed the problem for about a week, but now the problem has returned (may have been a coincidence that the problem didn't happen for that week).

Anyone else experience this? Is it that I'm moving too fast from Netflix into DVR, and need to give it a moment to catch up after exiting Netflix and moving into DVR recordings?

It happens on both of my Joeys, so I'm confident that it's not a hardware problem.
I had more issues with YouTube causing the Hopper to freeze up, and needing to reboot.

It's a software issue. I have very low confidence when it comes to Netflix on any of the receivers.

Reactions: bxl4 and pattykay
I see my 4k Joey now has two Netflix Channels (original on 370 and new one on channel 302)
Maybe a Netflix fix?

I went to 302 and on the second screen it froze. Can't use the remote for anything. Looks like I have to unplug. What a stupid thing!

The 302 Netflix channel is simply a second mapdown of the Netflix app. It is a filler for a former HBO channel....
It would have been nice if Dish had given everyone who had HBO and/or Cinemax a free month of Netflix to make up for the inconvenience. Otherwise, the second map-down channel really makes no sense. When the Netflix app was first added to channel 302, there was also a satellite-delivered slate channel labeled Netflix on 302 in SD and HD. I thought they were going to use the slate channel to advertise to HBO and Cinemax subscribers how to get the free month of Netflix (if Dish chose to offer that) but instead they took that slate channel away, along with all of the other HBO and Cinemax theme channel numbers. That leaves only HDNet Movies on 300 and 310, info channels about the dispute on 301 and 311, DPLCL (Spanish-language movies to replace HBO Latino) on 309 (also being used as a replacement for Univision on its old channel numbers) and the duplicate Netflix app on 302.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)