4K Joey

Why would NASA put their channel up on a satellite that doesn't broadcast in the US? Is there that much interest in NASA outside the US?

Really not happy of having to sacrifice my extra tuners from my SJ for 4k Dish... but then again, will Dish carry actual 4k free/included content or will it all be PPV 4k content? Or will they have actual 4k channels and charge extra for 4k? Also will it be 4k 'light' the same way it's HD 'light'? I guess we won't know until it's out or until testers are allowed to comment/review it.

More details to come as the launch date gets closer.

4k joey.JPG

I'm just ready to see all the complaints of people that had no idea a new UI was coming out and are confused why their tv looks different.
Where ? No one here will be surprised.... I'm sure a few, new people will stumble in here and post and never return. Dish's Facebook page will likely be pretty interesting though !

Reactions: DWS44 and ChadT41
Really not happy of having to sacrifice my extra tuners from my SJ for 4k Dish.
Why would you need to sacrifice the SJ?
... but then again, will Dish carry actual 4k free/included content or will it all be PPV 4k content? Or will they have actual 4k channels and charge extra for 4k?
DISH doesn't make channels. They carry other network's channels. As such, only a few exist and they aren't really conventional channels.
Also will it be 4k 'light' the same way it's HD 'light'? I guess we won't know until it's out or until testers are allowed to comment/review it.
We know that DISH can't show channels that don't exist. Upconverting 1080i channels isn't going to satisfy anyone. It will take a considerable amount of bandwidth to do UHD and probably more to do live (on-the-fly compressed) UHD.

If they starve the content the people who campaigned for 1080p instead (something almost everyone could take advantage of) are going to be insufferable.

i know scott has been saying that when the carbon ui comes he will let us know soneone told me on the forum that i was suppose to get a update still waiting for it i know when it comes it comes,i am still planning on buying a vizio 4k tv does anyone have any good experences with their tvs i saw one at our local walmart here in our town where i live,

do you guys think in the future who knows when it will be i noticed on lyngsat that there are four 4k channels there which we cannot pick up at the moment i wish dish would pick those up.scott has been saying that there is a handful of 4k channels i know that there will be alot more in the future. when is CES you guys i know it is sometime in january.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)