4K Joey

do you guys think in the future who knows when it will be i noticed on lyngsat that there are four 4k channels there which we cannot pick up at the moment i wish dish would pick those up.scott has been saying that there is a handful of 4k channels i know that there will be alot more in the future. when is CES you guys i know it is sometime in january.
https://www.cesweb.org

Good point, I'd bet the new 4k joey will be more than $7.
I'm betting that there will be a NEW 4K fee applied to the accounts of those who take the new 4k joey. Just like DISH had the HD fee for $10.00 at the start of Hd, they could come up with a new $10.00 4K fee. Especially since most of us have HD for life on our older accounts and do not pay the $10.00 hd fee, this would be a way for DISH to generate even more income via their never ending DISH FEES.:smug

Reactions: stardust3
I'm betting that there will be a NEW 4K fee applied to the accounts of those who take the new 4k joey.

If nothing else, I would expect the 4K Joey equipment fee to be higher, maybe equal to the Super Joey instead of the Regular Joey...something along those lines. Would be pretty bold, even for Dish, to have a 4K fee right away w/ little or no 4K content available. At least until 4K linear channels start showing up, that is. After that, all bets are off on 4K fees.

I'm betting that there will be a NEW 4K fee applied to the accounts of those who take the new 4k joey. Just like DISH had the HD fee for $10.00 at the start of Hd, they could come up with a new $10.00 4K fee. Especially since most of us have HD for life on our older accounts and do not pay the $10.00 hd fee, this would be a way for DISH to generate even more income via their never ending DISH FEES.:smug
Yikes, That should bring in more customers.
I'm not paying extra for anything 4K unless I'm forced to .
I'm not paying for slightly better PQ, when HD is already more then satisfactory.

do you guys think in the future who knows when it will be i noticed on lyngsat that there are four 4k channels there which we cannot pick up at the moment i wish dish would pick those up.scott has been saying that there is a handful of 4k channels i know that there will be alot more in the future. when is CES you guys i know it is sometime in january.
Do you work at creating run-on sentences (stream of unconsciousness)?

DISH had Fashion TV once and dropped it. It seems unlikely that the UHD version will be any more marketable.

If you need UHD, conventional pay TV probably isn't going to be your best option for a while yet.

You shouldn't have to ask when CES is.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ces

Reactions: osu1991
I'm betting that there will be a NEW 4K fee applied to the accounts of those who take the new 4k joey.

I'm also betting the pricing for this new joey will be announced with the upcoming price hikes which are just around the corner.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I suspect the hardware will be more expensive but that there won't be a 4K fee until there are linear offerings. I expect 4K PPV to be more expensive than normal PPV. Adding a fee will just discourage adoption which will harm potential rental income. More content will be needed to entice people before a fee brings in more money than it loses.

Not sure that adding a fee after the fact will go over well either !
I was never happy about the DVR fee coming to my 508. The DIRECTV faithful managed to swallow the transition between free whole home and pay whole home and more recently with new subscribers having to pay a TV fee on the first TV.

Maybe allowing "early adopters" to avoid the fee would be an option, kinda like "HD free for life". They should have to pay "full" price for the hardware to get this though....

I was never happy about the DVR fee coming to my 508. The DIRECTV faithful managed to swallow the transition between free whole home and pay whole home and more recently with new subscribers having to pay a TV fee on the first TV.
Since you're a DIRECTV expert then you would also know that you get a credit back on the bill still making that 1st STB/TV "free".

Since you're a DIRECTV expert then you would also know that you get a credit back on the bill still making that 1st STB/TV "free".
No you don't, Not anymore.

Not since they implemented the new $15 Advanced receiver fee.
If you are Grandfathered under the old $23 or $25 advanced receiver fee, Only Then you'll get a credit back on your 1st receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)