4K Mini with HR54 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CPTuell

Original poster
Aug 17, 2014
I can't get my 4K mini to uncheck both the 720p and the 1080i boxes in the Available TV resolutions. It will let me disable one or the other but not both. I can disable both on the HR54. I just want 1080p enabled so my TV can upscale to 4K (Samsung UN65HU9000 with SEK 3500 Evolution Kit) I called Tech support but she didn't have a clue. Any Ideas? I do have Native set to off on both the Mini and the HR54.
Thanks

directv doesnt broadcast in 1080p, with hte exception of some ppv

most hd is 1080i, some may be 720

You have to have at least one of 720p or 1080i checked. The box won't output 1080p except for the few PPV that are available in 1080p.

I can't get my 4K mini to uncheck both the 720p and the 1080i boxes in the Available TV resolutions. It will let me disable one or the other but not both. I can disable both on the HR54. I just want 1080p enabled so my TV can upscale to 4K (Samsung UN65HU9000 with SEK 3500 Evolution Kit) I called Tech support but she didn't have a clue. Any Ideas? I do have Native set to off on both the Mini and the HR54.
Thanks

If you want the TV to upscale, then just set Native on. With Native off, the client is going to be upscaling!

With 1080i only checked, and native off, the TV will upscale to 4K. The only way the TV will do all the upscaling is to check ALL the resolutions and set native to on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts