4K on Channel 540

rickyinman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2012
TN
I just bought a Vizio P75-F1. I connected it to my Marantz SR5008 via HDMI which is also connected to my Hopper 3. I can view the basketball game that is on right now, but my Vizio says it is 1080i. The H3 resolution is set to 4K, 1080P, 1080i. I tried turning off the AVR (it is set to 4K pass-through), but get the same results. Am I missing something?

I just bought a Vizio P75-F1. I connected it to my Marantz SR5008 via HDMI which is also connected to my Hopper 3. I can view the basketball game that is on right now, but my Vizio says it is 1080i. The H3 resolution is set to 4K, 1080P, 1080i. I tried turning off the AVR (it is set to 4K pass-through), but get the same results. Am I missing something?
I have a P75-C1, Hooper 3, and Denon X2300W. I am set up exactly as you are, Hooper to AVR to TV. I am seeing 2160p. You might try your HDMI directly to the Vizio to see if the issue is the Marantz.

I know that more expensive HDMI cables are really no better than the ones you can buy at Monoprice. However, the Monoprice cables I have are at least 6-7 years old. Could it be that my old cables are not capable of transmitting 4K?

Did you try bypassing your marantz? Which HDMI port on your vizio are you connected to? Did you turn on Full UHD Color for your inputs on the TV?

I know that more expensive HDMI cables are really no better than the ones you can buy at Monoprice. However, the Monoprice cables I have are at least 6-7 years old. Could it be that my old cables are not capable of transmitting 4K?
While the old cables may or may not work, I do recommend you buy at least one Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cable for experiments. The one with the hologram sticker.

ccpLabel.png

Reactions: HiDefRev
I haven't bypassed my AVR yet because there won't be any 4K content on 540 until tomorrow. I have turned on Full UHD Color on the input.

I have a Hisense tv and only 2 of the 4 hdmi ports are capable of 4K input. I don’t know if that could be a problem with your tv.
Of course, I originally had my Joey 4K connected to the 1080 input and was beginning to think my tv wasn’t capable of inputting 4K / something was wrong with my cables etc. Then I figured out the issue.
Still haven’t watched anything through the Joey at 4K, but I can.

The channel will still switch resolutions
Um, no it won't! It will if you have a 4K slate going, like for the day of an event. Today, however, you get a black and white slate that says 'Channel Unavailable' and it is 1080i. So, if there is an upcoming, same day, event coming you will get a 4K slate and it will say the same in the guide. If there is no events upcoming you get get unavailable and the guide will say 'Off Air.'

So, that said, OP, you can go to On Demand and then drop down to the 4K shelf and go to the end of that list. The last three programs are 4K and free to watch.

I have a Hisense tv and only 2 of the 4 hdmi ports are capable of 4K input. I don’t know if that could be a problem with your tv.
Of course, I originally had my Joey 4K connected to the 1080 input and was beginning to think my tv wasn’t capable of inputting 4K / something was wrong with my cables etc. Then I figured out the issue.
Still haven’t watched anything through the Joey at 4K, but I can.
The OP's Vizio allows 4K on all inputs.

I have a Vizio and have 3 of the 5 HDMI with 4K capability. However 2 are at 30HZ and only 1 is at 60HZ. IT only works with Dish at the 60Hz input. In addition the audio out HDMI(ARC) is also at only 30Hz. So I don't use it to go to other speakers when using my computer or the smart apps for Netflix or Amazon 4K. I use the optical audio output.

Reactions: comp9
I have a Vizio and have 3 of the 5 HDMI with 4K capability. However 2 are at 30HZ and only 1 is at 60HZ. IT only works with Dish at the 60Hz input. In addition the audio out HDMI(ARC) is also at only 30Hz. So I don't use it to go to other speakers when using my computer or the smart apps for Netflix or Amazon 4K. I use the optical audio output.
My P75-C1 gets 60hz 4K at all HDMI inputs except 5. I am using ports 1and 3 for 60hz just fine. My ARC port (1) work just fine at 60hz. The OP has a newer version of what I have and will get the same results.

I ordered 3 new HDMI cables from Monoprice. I have set Monday's game on 540 to record. I will experiment when I get the cables in and post my results.

I have the AVR plugged into HDMI 1 because of ARC.

My Hisense TV has only 3 HDMI inputs, but they are all labelled 4K/HDR. I have no idea if that's 30Hz or 60, but I do know that unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in again results in my ability to view the 4K program off the H3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)